Thursday, 19 May 2016

Silly Sarah

I love my little Sarah dog more than anything! Here are some of the adorable things she does.



  • She likes to burrow under the blankets and quilt and hide there for hours. She often gets too hot and has to tunnel out and lie in front of the fan. Then when she's cool, dives back in again.
  • When being made to do something she doesn't want (like getting out of bed) she rolls over on her back and goes stiff as a board to evade capture.
  • She can stand on her back legs. If she wants attention she will do this and pat me with her "hand" like a little kid.
  • She springs up to about 30 cm in the air when really excited.
  • She likes to carry her food to the nearest rug to eat it.
  • If you play a video of chicken sounds she stares into space and turns her head from side to side.
  • She likes to lie in washing baskets or piles of washed clothes etc. The higher and more precarious the better.
  • I'm her favourite person and she loves to sit on my lap for hours. Sometimes if I'm lying down she also stands on my chest which is not so comfortable.
  • She's obsessed with tummy rubs. She lies on her back and flails her legs at you until you do it. 
  • She knows what an oven timer is and when it goes off gets excited for food. 
  • She sneakily steals food which is not that odd but once she stole one biscuit from a plate of two and we joke she left the other to "share".
  • She likes to rest her chin on things. Chair arms, my arm or leg if we're snuggling.
  • Wherever I go in the house I can hear the tippy-tappy of tiny feet following me.
  • When she stretches she makes this really human moaning sound. She also grunts like a pig when she burrows under the quilt.
  • She has a tiny mouth but still basically inhales food with a slurping sound and sometimes you have to rub her throat while she chokes.
  • She sits with her legs tucked under her like a cat so it looks like she has no legs. Like a cat loaf, only a dog loaf. Sometimes she lies with her legs stretched out straight which I call her little horse pose.
  • She does a "pointing" begging thing with her paw when she wants food.
  • She loves sunbathing, which is not unusual, but after a few days of rain, I once caught her squinting up at the blindingly blue sky with such a look of bliss, it was truly special.


11 comments:

  1. I love Sarah!!! She is so adorable! Love those eyes! She likes food, like me! LOL! Funny, she knows what an oven timer is! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds absolutely adorable, as are her pics! And I recognize a few of those behaviors in some of my cats. Don't tell her that, though, it might annoy her... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might have been brought up with cats, she's always trying to befriend them. There's one down the road the same size and colour as her but it's wary of dogs.

      Delete
    2. She might have been brought up with cats, she's always trying to befriend them. There's one down the road the same size and colour as her but it's wary of dogs.

      Delete
  3. You've made me miss my Attila... in the best of ways. There are so many things your Sarah enjoys that my Attila loves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, she really is adoreable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little dog, she looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-D dog loaf! love how 'human' our pets seem to be in their behaviour (but only nicer)

    ReplyDelete