Tuesday, 26 April 2016

The Darkling Tag

 

Tagged by De.Lirium.
Thank you!

Darkling Tag Questions:
1. What is your favorite candle scent?
Scented candles make me sneeze but I like floral scents.

2.Do you have a favorite book?
Thorn Jack by Katherine Harbour

3.Are you a tea or coffee person?
Tea all the way. Caffeine makes me jittery.

4.What is your favorite brand and color of lipstick?
I love Black Rose by Manic Panic, although currently like this glitter one I found Galactic Mauve by colour sensational. It's pale violet/pink with gold sparkles.

5.What is your favorite perfume/cologne?
Madam X by Alkemia perfumes

6.Do you have a celebrity crush?
They change around a lot.

7.If you had to give up the color black, what color would you choose instead?
I'm going through a colourful period at the moment ha ha.

8.If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be?
Thorn Blackwood? Raven Direwolf? There are so many choices! I really can't decide!

9.What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad?
I hate hot weather so I try not to go outside anyhow.

10.What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)?
Love Cats by The Cure.

11.Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)?
I write. I was published in my university anthology years ago and am working on my dark fae novel.

12.If you had a teacup or mug made inscribed just for you, what would you have it say?


I have one that says For Fox Sake with a picture of a fox. That's pretty spot on.

13.What is your number one non-gothy hobby?
I do a bit of drawing, craft, sewing, sometimes Gothy sometimes not.

14.If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be & why?
I'm a faery. Duh! :P

15.What horror monster-based super power would you have?
Mind control, force people to be nice whether they want to or not! :P

16.Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or IRL)? Why or why not?
I used to be a lot more confident but a combination of social anxiety and meeting people who ended up a bit unpleasant has made me shyer.

17. Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup?
Both? But there's something about cool coloured hair that makes every outfit awesome!

18.Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture?
Faeries? I wish there was more faery stuff in Australia in general. I am jealous of America for its Ren Faires and Faery Cons.

19.Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness“?
I don't really have a story except that I used to worry too much about being accepted and I think I still worry about that even though it's bullshit.

20.How are you at DIY?
Decent I guess. I can sew and craft.

Quickly describe your ideal wedding.
 In a castle with an elaborate lace dress and elaborate hairstyle probably featuring a lot of fake hair.

Confessional (aka True or False):

I love watching cheesy romance films. T
I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night. T
I sleep with plushies. T
I wear non-black pajamas most nights. T
I still listen to a boy band that had disbanded years ago. F
I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated. I don't know, is he even that "rated"? I like the band.
I don’t like vampires. F
I don’t like clubs. T and F. I would probably go more if I lived nearer and wasn't so scared of crowds. I miss clubbing.
I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person. F
I don’t enjoy graveyards. F
Blood makes me queasy. T
I’d sooner faint than pet a spider. F
I don’t like haunted houses. T
I still browse Hot Topic’s clearance racks. We don't have that in Australia as far as I know
I’ve never read Dracula. F
I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long & boring song. F

9 comments:

  1. Caffeine makes me jittery too.

    Love the name Thorn Blackwood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore lists and I love your answers <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers Laura. A fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude i forgot how everyone had a "goth name" back in the day. Though i guess it isn't much different than being known as your handle today. lol my name was also an combination of numbers and letters back then too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm strictly a tea drinker, too...coffee makes me too hyper. I love that mug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a second there I thought you actually said “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” IS a long & boring song:O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these answers! Nice to get to know you better Laura! I Love, Love Cats by The Cure too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This went up so quick, I read it immediately but hadn't commented yet. XD

    I'm also part of the jittery coffee clan here.
    And curious about Ren Faires! Always wanted to go to one. I think the closer I've been to one was reading certain chapter of Neil Gaiman's Sandman where most of the story developed in a fair.

    ReplyDelete