Tuesday, 9 February 2016

New Altar

I finally* set up the altar again in my new house. I had been searching for a place for it, and there was nowhere really good, so in the end it ended up inside a cabinet. I am assuming it's the thought that counts, plus it's safe there from little dogs who might swallow the crystals and hurt themselves!

The doggy angels have been on top of the dresser since I moved, but they are now in the cabinet with the altar, too.

Sorry for the poor quality images. It was dark in there and the phone can't really deal!



Some of the things to spot: Tickets from the Julia Margaret Cameron exhibition and Neil Gaiman talk, Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service, faery door.


I nearly forgot to put the butterfly in! I have a connection to butterflies which remind me of faeries.

*In January, I still have a lot of January posts so everything is a little behind. 

24 comments:

  1. Nice! You're absolutely right, it's the thought, that counts and you're not shoving your altar into a closet because you want to hide it, but because you don't have a better place for it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safety yes! You will be happier with your treasures tucked away. Moving sucks! Hope you are settled and happy! Mxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like the idea of an alter in a cupboard. You can make more of a ceremony about approaching it. Lovely items .... and that Butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a magic the gathering card, I spot? Heheh.
    I like that you've placed a lot of very personal pieces, regardless if they're not technically "natural". People get stuck with this idea that an altar must only have items from nature whether or not you feel personally connected to it or not. It's odd.

    I haven't set up an altar in this apartment yet, and I don't know if I want to since I don't feel particularly grounded here anyways. When we move, which we will, I think I might feel more inclined to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted! My boyfriend gave me a faery/ air elemental one of his MTG cards! They have some grwat art!

      I agree with what you said about personal things!

      Delete
  5. It is the thought that counts! I think your altar is beautiful! I guess my main altar is on my dresser, but I have stones and crystals around everywhere, just incase I need to meditate! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like altars inside cabinets - you have to really look to see what's there and that appeals to me. I'd have saved those Julia Margaret Cameron tickets too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those pretty purples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes, I am addicted to amethyst, as you can see!

      Delete
  8. Your alter is very pretty Laura. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't find an email, so answering here. Plant your bulb flower heart in the fall and they will come up in the early spring. The crocus work well. Let me know if you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice! It is coming into Autumn, so I guess it's actually a good time!

      Delete
  10. The tickets were a great addition to the altar:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They meant a lot to me so I thought it was a good idea! :)

      Delete
  11. This looks pretty, no matter if hidden or not <3

    ReplyDelete