Monday, 1 February 2016

Month in Review: January

I did a lot at the end of January, so the January posts are still coming, hang in there!

Meanwhile, here is my month in review!


Nailpolish used: L'Oreal Paris Color Riche 609 Divine Indigo.
Shadowhunter glamour rune

 January (in Latin, Ianuarius) is named after Janus, the god of beginnings and transitions; the name has its beginnings in Roman mythology, coming from the Latin word for door (ianua) since January is the door to the year.
  • January's birthstone is the garnet which represents constancy.
  • Its birth flower is the cottage pink Dianthus caryophyllus or galanthus.[24]
  • The Chinese floral emblem of January is the Prunus mume.[citation needed]
  • The Japanese floral emblem of January is the camellia (Camellia sinensis).[citation needed]
  • In Finnish, the month of tammikuu means the heart of the winter and because the name literally means Oak moon, it can be inferred that the oak tree is the heart of grand forest with many valuable trees as opposed to the typical Arctic forests which are typically pine and spruce. The photograph of a large tree covered with ice against a blue sky is a familiar scene during Finland's winter.
  • The zodiac signs for the month of January are Capricorn (until January 19) and Aquarius (January 20 onwards).
From Wikipedia.

What I did
Sewing
Writing
Saw Matilda musical by Dennis Kelly and Tim Minchin. Based on the book by Roald Dahl.
Reading Tarot
Home decor
Tea Party
Secondhand shopping

Reading
High Voltage Tattoo by Kat Von D
Modern Love: The Lives of John and Sunday Reed by Kendrah Morgan, Lesley Harding
Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales by Melissa Marr
Grail of The Summer Stars by Freda Warrington
Re-reading Faery Tale: One Woman's Search for Enchantment in a Modern World
by Signe Pike
Witches Tarot Companion by Ellen Dugan

Watching
Back To The Future III
Poirot
Renoir (2012)
The Vampire Diaires
The Originals
New Shadowhunters TV series
A Bear Named Winnie
Brothers of the Head

Listening To
The Lost Boys Soundtrack
The Cure
Amy Winehouse
Boardwalk Empire Soundtrack
Crowded House
The Smiths
David Bowie
Agnes Obel
Inkubus Sukkubus
Deine Lakaien
Leonard Cohen


Amazing secondhand shop haul! The Op Shop Faeries were smiling on me!

20 comments:

  1. How's the boardwalk empire soundtrack??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! There's already a lot of songs I like from that era!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, nice thrift shop haul! I haven't had a good day like that in a looooong time. Must be my turn here soon, right? LOL

    I guess you must have enjoyed Faery Tale if you're re-reading it. I got about two chapters in and gave up. Maybe I didn't get far enough and should give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's your turn soon, too! I have had so little luck, then it all came at once! Keep money on hand, never know when it will be!

      I did think it got more interesting once she got to Europe!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, you went to see Matilda? I've seen snippets and it looks so good! I also love your secondhand shop haul, would you mind writing a whole post about it with separate pictures? I love thrifting haul posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just do that! I still have so many jan posts to finish! Haha!

      I was a little sceptical about Matilda, I have seen some musical versions of books\ plays and even operas I haven' t been a fan of, but i thought this was brilliant! Hope it goes global!

      Delete
  4. That seems like a great haul indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent month, well spent from the sounds of it. And thanks for reminding me of the Lost Boys soundtrack, I gotta listen to that again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have camellia blossoms on my tea napkins for January. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a truly interesting month, indeed. It is cool to see you made the most of it, as for me it was far too cold to even leave the house. I like monthly reviews posts, I hope to read more in February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! Great haul! I went to a second hand shop the other day and I am going to be returning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea what Brothers of the Head might be about. But with that title, I must watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do enjoy being mysterious, but I think you will really like it if you get hold of it!

      Delete
  10. OH GOODNESS! Thank you, I have been talking to a workmate about Matilda and could not remember the name for my life (explained the entire story but still, no name and she seems to not know it ^^) Congrats on finding so much stuff second hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it helped! Isn't it a great story?!

      Delete