Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Butterfly / Faery wall

This project began when I found some old coloured tea boxes that I wanted to make something out of. My first thought was butterflies, of course. They are both beautiful, and linked to faeries.


Yes, that's a Tonks picture underneath


It was pretty easy, I  traced out the basic butterfly shape, folded in half to make sure it was symmetrical, and cut out. I also did little cut outs in the wings



I got really carried away and decide that I need a wall full. I made them out of all the spare paper and cardboard I could find. A patterned tissue box, images from a Money calendar, a piece of white cardcoard I scribbled on, a bookmark, and even and old clothes shop member card, which was pretty onerous to cut as it was thick plastic. My hand was pretty sore from the sheer amount that I made.



The final wall:


Here's a picture of some IKEA batties hiding on top of a shelf to the right of the wall.

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My! What' a beautiful effect! Does Sara like them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think she is particularly interested in decor, but I am glad that the humans appreciate them!

      Delete
  3. Aaaaaw, it looks great! So much nicer, than those black wall stickers :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!the best kind of recycling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is great to be able to reuse things! :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely idea! And a great effect!
    Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Little Princess will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty easy, just takes time. Maybe she can make her own! I'd love to see pictures if it happens!

      Delete
  7. I bet your hand would be soar! Wow, you did an amazing job Laura! I love this! I might try to do this too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I would be so flattered to have inspired others! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the various butterflys and how you have used recycled card and paper to create them. V. effective

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great idea, it looks amazing! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete