Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Sewing: Victorian Inspired Dress/ Outfit for Hanging out with Fiona

My most recent sewing creation, once again using Simplicity 1419 Lisette, because when I find a pattern that works well for me, I like to use it as a base for all my different ideas.

The yoke is from an 80s Burda pattern sheet. I cut it out and sewed it to the front of the dress and then lined the edges with lace trim.

With this dress I did a gathered skirt instead of a pleated one.

Wig from eBay, hair flower from Kmart, socks from a kiosk in the shopping centre, cardigan from secondhand shop.

I wore this went I went to see my friend Fiona.

 


Makeup: Rimmel eye pencil and Electro Red by Medusa's Makeup




Selfie in a shop mirror.


11 comments:

  1. Goodness, that is a cute outfit and you look so beautiful! I love that make up. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is perfect! I love the photo of you in the shop mirror! Fantastic socks!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the high waist. And your socks are delicious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very pretty outfit! I like the black/white theme (includig white wig and black hair flower)!
    Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! You look very cute, gothic lolita esque.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous, Laura. That white hair really makes your skin glow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look like a doll <3 (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your sewing skills. It's a skill I wish I had but did not develop. You make some very cute dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete