Thursday, 5 November 2015

Sewing: Sailor Style Dress

 First of all I just wanted to say thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am terrible at replying! I get them and I am like, "Awwwwww that's so sweet!" And then I can't think of a decent reply. But know your comments are very much appreciated!

My allergies have been playing up so I haven't really been wearing makeup recently. Also still searching for a good photo spot.





 

Simplicity 1419 Lisette.
I used different sized pieces for the top and bottom half as I am not all one pattern size.
 The sailor collar pattern was from a Burda Magazine, it had to be adapted a bit as it was originally a jacket collar. Also I had made the dress with a back zipper and did not want to split the collar at the back, so I attached it only at the front and sides to the dress, allowing it to be flipped over the head when the dress is put on.

The stripe on the sailor collar is ribbon.

This piece involved quite a bit of hand sewing to attach the collar and finish off little details.

I am very pleased with the final result.

15 comments:

  1. That's an awesome composition of fabric you have there. Great job! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very jealous of your sewing abilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! It's not perfect, but it feels like a great achievement!

      Delete
  3. This is really great, I love how creative you are! ANd I never dared to make a sailor collar, I'm afraid of their construction. Stupid, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very flattering on you young Miss! This wonderful pattern will look fantastic in all seasons fabrics......( black velvet and black lace pointed collar with black tights
    I love tailored darts! LOVE....this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You actually made this? Absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute as a button :) (I do wonder where that phrase came from). J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, I'm in awe of your sewing skills! With darts, yet! That dress is so pretty, and it looks great on you. Oh, how I wish I could sew...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is amazing, love that colour on you too :) Well done! Hope your allergies clear up soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for allergies :-( but still you & the dress are looking great!

    ReplyDelete