Saturday, 28 November 2015

Sewing: Faux Waistcoat Dress



I used the Simplicity 1419 Liset pattern again. It is amazing what different looks you can get when you change small things. 




To get the fake waistcoat effect I cut out two front bodices, and layered them on top of each other, cutting out the stripy one into a waistcoat shape. I left it loose over the waistband of the dress, only attaching the white underlayer to the skirt, so that it looks more like a waistcoat. I trimmed the edges of the waistcoat collar with white lace. I only used a single layer of striped material for the back.




7 comments:

  1. Very cute Laura. Keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my mother-in-law and my Piano Man are conspiring to give me a sewing machine for the Winter Solstice. I'm pretending I know nothing about it (they are going to such lengths to hide it, that I think I should let them have their fun).

    Anyhoo, if I'm right about the gift, I shall be asking you lots and lots of questions. You are sooo good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the wig together with the red-and-white bodice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been super busy sewing lately! This dress is too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great and indeed surprising of the difference those changes make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excellent idea, Laura! Nicely done! I really like that wig on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done so well! Looks great! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete