Monday, 24 August 2015

Cassandra Clare and Holly Black Signing

A couple of weekends ago (Saturday 15th August) I went to the Holly Black and Cassandra Clare talk and book signing at Kinokuniya bookshop with my awesome friend Emily.

Holly and Cassie and two of my favourite authors ever so I was so thrilled to be able to finally meet them! They were so intelligent, funny and encouraging to their readers who are also interested in writing. They are clearly great friends and also really nice people in real life!


On the train down with Emily.


Holly and Cassandra. Holly has awesome blue hair and lipstick which was a cool surprise, she must have changed it recently. Cassandra is gorgeous as a redhead, as always.



Despite the big numbers that turned up, Holly and Cassie had a little chat with everyone which just proves what genuinely sweet ladies they are! Helpfully, Kinokuniya arranged a staff member to take photos of us in front of the authors.

Holly said she had the same dress as me which was so cool!






All in all it was a fantastic day! Spending time with my awesome friend and meeting two ladies I really admire! It has also encouraged me to keep going with my writing. Who knows, I may end up writing a story together with these ladies one day!



10 comments:

  1. Oh, they seem lovely and the event looks like fun! It's great, that they chatted wih all their fans. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh cool. I love Holly Black! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day, I love both authors.

    You look lovely in your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the book you had signed unread at home. Unfortunately in Essen, so now I'll have to wait until I can read it... You are really lucky to meet such wonderfull ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I'm a sucker for readings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! Holly Black is one of my favorite authors...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a swell time! It is lovely to see authors up close and have the chance to discuss with them! <3

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is amazing to meet persons that inspire you in a way, happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post. And I know you had a great time. I'd love to meet the two of them, so interesting. You look good, BTW! LOL! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great you had good time with your friend and that you got to see those two lovely ladies! ^_^

    P.S. I love your make up in those photos!

    ReplyDelete