Saturday, 11 July 2015

Retro Style Inspiration: Astrid Kirchherr

Astrid Kirchehrr was a talented German photographer who took early photos of The Beatles and dated original member Stuart Sutcliffe, becoming engaged to him before his untimely death.

In the movie Backbeat she is played by Sheryl Lee


The real Astrid
 

Sheryl as Astrid in Backbeat. This was my favourite outfit and my own was heavily based on it, as much as I had similar items.
 

Stephen Dorff and Sheryl Lee in Backbeat

I apologise for the terrible photos, lighting in the house is really bad at night.


Beret, oversized jacket and black long sleeve top: hand me downs
Pants: Crossroads

4 comments:

  1. A good look although it reminds me very much of the 90s...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think the jacket was from the 80s or 90s.

      Delete
  2. Great! I will look for movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've almost got her hairstyle too. And the beret is awesome. I wish it were cooler so I could wear them again!

    ReplyDelete