Wednesday, 29 July 2015

30 Day Goth Challenge Days 19- 25

Day 19 – Share beauty advice and take a photo of your make up. 

It has taken me years to get good at makeup, I can finally do a decent blend and cats eye. 

Definitely start subtle and build up slowly, panda eye is hard to remove!

Oh and always moisturise after makeup removal!

Here are a couple of my recent favourite looks.



 
Day 20 – If you could dye your hair any colour what would it be? 

Rainbow maybe, I have never done that. Planning to do it when I am an old lady maybe :P It is a lot of effort- and a lot of painful bleaching! I have met a girl who had amazing rainbow hair so I have seen how impressive it can be in real life!



Not sure who this is

Day 21 – What body mod do you have or have you considered? 

Ear piercings are the most I have, which most wouldn't even consider a mod. I had a nose piercing, but it grew out. I just realised this might be including tattoos, in which case I have one floral sleeve, which you can see in some of my pictures, and two small tattoos, one on my thigh, one on my wrist.

Day 22 – If you could attend any Goth event what would it be? 

Wave Gotik Treffen sounds great and some bands I like that are still around play there. Amphi and Whitby also sound great. 
Day 23 – Your favourite artist or photographer. 

I love a lot of them, Renoir, Monet, The Pre-Raphaelites, the list goes on. In architecture I love Queen Anne Style, Art Deco and Gothic. In photography I have followed BlueBlack (Now Natalie Shau) through her early DeviantArt days. I love Victoria Pettella. I also love faded polaroid style photos, although I cant think of any artists. And a lot of my friends are artists who make interesting work. This is my friend Fiona's blog.

Day 24 – Name the best websites for Goths. 

I mostly just chat on Facebook, I am not really au fait with all the current websites. I also think that good black basics can be found in secondhand shops or local cheap fashion stores so that you can save for the really nice unique pieces from Goth stores. Of course I love Alchemy Gothic's jewellery, but I don't wear a lot of jewellery really.
Day 25 – Did you ever consider leaving the subculture?

I actually left and then came back. These days I don't worry as much about fitting in, more about finding myself, and being Goth is a part of who I am. I always try to be true to how I feel and not like something just because it is Goth, and not worry what others think about me. I know I am happier embracing my Gothic side than hiding it.

5 comments:

  1. Rainbow hair would look good on you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your makeup is beautiful! I would love rainbow hair but I would hate the maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow hair looks awesome, but it also looks like t eh upkeep would be insane

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the work rainbow hair would require O_O but when we get old we should have time i guess! btw, you should add mera luna to your list of events!! and please can you add a list of that challenge questions to your final post? this sounds like something the entire ladies in black group should do - i am sure much inspiration for everyone would be hiding inside the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love your makeup looks. I know what you're talking about with the poloroid style photos and I love those too. that's like my favorite thing now and I love how it's exploding over tumblr. before, i feel like the only place to see that stuff was vice mag and terry richardson's stuff.

    ReplyDelete