Wednesday, 17 June 2015

30 Day Goth Challenge Days 13- 18


Day 13 – What was your first band t-shirt? 

Ummm probably Marilyn Manson. Yes, I know he's not Goth and all that. I don't really wear t-shirts and vests, they aren't very flattering on me. I look best in Empire Waisted dresses, loose jumpers and jackets.
 
Day 14 – What was your best and worst DIY disaster. 

That's really hard. I guess my worst would probably be something that never made it to being a piece of clothing, I have had many of those. Most of my DIYing is sewing, so many things have never made it past mock up stage.

My best DIY... hmmm wait and see...
 
Day 15 – Your favourite or most expensive item in your wardrobe.

The dress in my the post My Favourite Dress. It was a great mark down in price but it just looks great!
 
Day 16 – What’s the most casual you’ve ever dressed? 

As a Goth or just generally? I assume that doesn't include walking around the house in PJs in Winter, ha ha. When I dress Goth I tend to usually dress in a cute dress. My most casual outfits would probably just be neutral things if I am running down the road to get food or if I am sick and going to the doctor in which case I don't bother to try and look nice and could be wearing some combo of a skirt, leggings, a black jumper and maybe one of my boyfriend's jumpers on top.

Day 17 – Your favourite Goth brand.  

My favourite brands would probably be Hell Bunny, Jawbreaker and Sourpuss. I have a few cute dresses and cardis from them. Somnium Dantis is kind of a 'in my dreams' brand that I will probably never be able to justify the expense of. I would also love to have some of Gloomth's dresses.

Day 18 – Worst hair experience.

I have pretty much melted my hair with bleach a few times. Once I also turned the roots grey.

Because I was bored, here's a Lydia Deetz kitten for you:

9 comments:

  1. Do you also have a cupboard full of UFOs then? I went into mine a few weeks back and found a dress I'd half made and then thrown in there with all of the there mutant blouses and off grain jackets in frustration when I messed up the pleats. It looks savable though so I might have another go at fixing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first band shirt was an All About Eve one, bought for the first time I saw them in 1989. I still have it, even though it's a bit of a rag now.

    My favourite dress is probably 1 of 2 Spin Doctors, the Opeth dress which I just adore but don't get to wear very often as it's a bit grand, and their cameo dress which I just picked up really cheaply. It's so cute, and I'm going to a ball later in the year for which it is perfect.

    (and I also can't sew!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, melted hair - check! xD

    (Those kitties <3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first band t-shirt was an Orgy t-shirt that said "Orgy" on the front and "Candyass tour '99" on the back. Lol no wonder I got in trouble for school. Well, depends on what Manson shirt you had, you might have had the same problems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have melted my hair with bleach many a time haha. I think from going from jet black (dyed) to bright red to blonde this year it will melt if I put one more bleaching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. still sorry for your hair but hey you did the best thing from that!

    ReplyDelete