Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Midnight and Brownie

My friends Midnight and Brownie live next door, but often come over to visit. They are best friends forever, and like to go for walks together down the street.


Midnight and Brownie are chickens. They live with some other adopted sisters in the chicken run next door, but they love to wander, and are almost always seen together. 

I don't actually know Brownie's real name, I have been calling her Brownie until I find out her real name, but I never see her owners around.

They come up to the front door and call for food, but they don't really like being patted, attempts at patting result in a call that sounds a lot like no no no no!










They also enjoy wrecking gardens.

10 comments:

  1. They appear to have the neighbourhood under control! Perky Pair indeed! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're adorable! I love that they take walks together.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I like chickens, I've always wanted to hug one but that sounds impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably work up to it if you had your own chickens, they aren't really into hugging and being patted, but if they knew and trusted you they would probably be willing to put up with it for a short time.

      Delete
  4. Awww hehe how cute! A man down the street has a giant turkey, which is not nearly as cute as these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute!
    i had a friend who had chickens named 'brown one' and 'black one'. i feel like 'midnight' and 'brownie' are just a few steps up the creative ladder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, that's so adorable!! Best buddies :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I hope to one day have a couple of chickens. When I was in New Orleans, there was this rooster that would roam my street, waking the neighborhood up every morning.

    ReplyDelete