Friday, 27 February 2015

Beautiful Sounds Assignment

http://thecuriousprofessorz.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/february-homework-assignment-beautiful_26.html

I am fairly musically illiterate, but I will do my best!

I can sing but I can't play an instrument, read music, pick out notes or eras. I like a wide range of music but can't really tell you why except that certain songs move me. I will listen to different musicians depending on the mood I am in, but I couldn't tell you why that is, either.

Sopor Aeternus combines beautiful and what could be considered horrific vocals, drawing on sounds of raw human pain and terror.

The Skeletal Garden is a good example of this. The music could be described as a combination of Renaissance sounding music and unearthly howling vocals.


I also appreciate the way opera music and classical pieces such as Lacrimosa, Waltz of tge Flowers and No One Shall Know My Name can stir our emotions.

Some of my other favourite songs include Wytches and Heart of Lilith by Inkubus Sukkubus, Cemetry Gates by The Smiths, Winterborn by The Cruxshadows, Charlotte Sometimes, The Hanging Garden, The Lovecats and Burn by The Cure. Also pretty much everything by Agnes Obel and Loreena McKennit.

My favourite song is usually Just Like Heaven by The Cure.

Well, I did my best, dear professor, please give me an A for effort!

Please check out the other students homework as well!

16 comments:

  1. I love hearing about what sort of music moves different people! Cool post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm? okay? thank you for the new experience. xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Sopor as well, another thing we have in common!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Burn from The Cure. Then again, I'm a pretty big fan of The Crow. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Crow, but I find Burn and the NIN track are the only two I like to listen to separately from the movie!

      Delete
  5. Loreena Mckennitt is my favourite, especially because she is a Canadian lady like me! I love Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. Nothing too heavy for this girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And magic like you, too! Stevie is so special too!

      Delete
  6. Love Sopor Aeternus! Lacrimosa and Cruxshadows also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I should listen to more Lacrimosa!

      Delete
  7. LOVE. ADORE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE SOPOR. LOVE. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you liked my post!

      Delete