Friday, 2 January 2015

Looking Back at 2014

 

2014 has been a year of good and bad, a year when I really learned a lot about myself and what I want from life. Being unemployed helped me realise time is more important to me than I realised, and I would like to live a simpler life where time is valued more than money. I am a driven and easily stressed person and working a 30- 40 hour week is neither alluring to me, nor probably mentally healthy. I do find it easy to push myself to breaking point and I think it I have a lower threshold for taking crap from others.

I had a breakdown early in the year. It taught me to really appreciate the kindness of people and animals. My anxieties got a lot worse and I had to really learn to relax, take things slow. I had to stop being a perfectionist and be kinder to myself. I had to learn to stop looking to the future and just enjoy the good parts of the present. I am still working on teaching myself not to be a worrier, which I have been since childhood.

I have found something else I want to do. I am scared and excited and hope I will be allowed to.

I want to continue to nourish my spirit, meditate more, eat better, buy less, find a way to live more simply. I will work on not buying too many clothes! I want to learn to live without things I don't need, I need a few nice clothes, some books, and my family and friends. Oh, and to eat and drink and live somewhere of course.

I want to continue to write, but I know pushing myself does the opposite of what I want it to do, so I will just take it as it comes.

I have to remember that there is magic within us all!

Thanks to all those who helped me feel I was special and talented and, even if you didn't know it, supported me through the bad times with your kind comments and friendship.

I hope this year will be wonderful for you all!

Hugs and faerydust,

Laura Morrigan.

12 comments:

  1. Hard times help us grow and from my view, you have grown a lot in the last year! It might not make you happy right in the moment, but maybe later you can appreciate the personality that was formed in 2014...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2015 brings you everything you're hoping for and more, Laura. You are special and talented. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the bad start to last year. Hope this year will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! Now breathe " look for the magic! it is everywhere if you want it to be"!
    xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your wishes for this year will come true <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your year 2015 will be indeed magical and your aspiration towards everything from nourishing your spirit to writing will be achieved! :) I really like reading your posts, you seem like a such a nice and warm person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you learn to be kinder to yourself! I am so much older. If I had the chance to talk to my younger self, I would say, "Do what gives you joy. Be less afraid. Believe in your dreams, live simply." You are so talented, so smart. Just follow your instincts! Hugs and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the life you're planning is wonderful :) more people should think like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, I hope you get to do what you want to do. Like you, I am a worrier, but as I've grown older I've learned to not worry about something unless I can actually do something about it. If I can't, I let it go...most of the time. It's hard, I know.

    You're much younger than me, but from what I can tell from what you've shared on this blog, you're so much wiser than I was when I was your age!

    Lots of hugs and blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you find what you are looking for career wise this year, I've been going through something similar for the past 3 years (not to worry you!), before embarking on this, my 'writing year'. I'm terrified, to be frank, but I'm also excited. I have no income & dwindling savings, but I can finally do what I want.

    I kept a private blog before my current public blog, when I was going through a really hard time at work. I re-read this a week or so ago and in doing so I realised just how mentally low I'd actually gotten. It had built up over a 2 year period, but when you are in it, you can't really see it. Walking away in April last year was such a hard decision, but ultimately liberating. I can find who and what I want to be. In fact, that's actually started. And yes - I buy far less these days than before! But I am so much happier. And I hope that you find the magic, and fly. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post! I understand a lot from where you are coming from ;o) You know how hard my 2014 was! Here's to an amazing 2015 ;o) Big Hugs and always be you! You are wonderful ;o)

    ReplyDelete