Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Thought Cleansing


I have decided that, as part of cleansing my life, I want to try and think only positive thoughts and read only positive things. This means trying to avoid bad news that just makes me unhappy, avoiding trashy tabloid articles about celebrities, and possibly not reading any books or watching TV with themes that upset me too much. I want to feed my contentment, not my anxiety, and do only things that make me feel good.

This also included trying to watch 10 min meditation videos, and learning about positive witchcraft.

I also have to stop buying so many clothes :P

I need to spend more time in nature, unfortunately this is a little difficult at the moment with the weather, and trying to avoid sunburn. Maybe I will just spend some time in the backyard.

I have been trying to eat more healthily, break my addiction to hot chips, and eventually cut out most junk food. You never know what they put in processed foods, anyway. Eating healthy is hard, and takes time!

As a very sensitive person I tend to hold onto a lot of pain for the way I have been treated. People have always picked me out as an outsider even before I dressed differently. I need to learn to meditate, relax, change my thoughts to positive ones. I am also a perfectionist and tend to push myself too far and too hard. I need to be gentler on myself.

Today's oracle card:

14 comments:

  1. Good on ya man! I hope you can keep this all up, it sounds really healthy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for your endeavours to make it better! Your ways sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post. I think cleansing at this time of the year, to prepare us for winter, is a good idea. I love your blog header - so enchanting! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very exciting you are interested in learning about positive witchcraft! Email me any time to chat witchyness ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind offer! I am still a bit of a newbie but that sounds great!

      Delete
  5. I also recommend anything by Abraham-Hicks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to do this too, especially with Facebook. I've been getting rid of negative things people post and even unfollowing people who are consistently negative. I've also made a point of only reposting positive stories too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really good idea! Facebook can be such a downer! Especially with the news sidebar that I can't get rid of! I try to only look at my friend's posts. I have so many distant friends I unfortunately can't communicate with without it!

      Delete
  7. I have been avoiding news for like a year or so now because I feel so bad reading them :< I dont need those horrible stuff in my stressed head.
    I think your life cleansing seems like a good thing to do, but don't go on too strong in the beginning! It would be very bad if you were to feel crappy if you can't manage all your new plans, I have been while trying so :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bad news that we can't do anything about makes us feel so helpless, it can be best to avoid it!

      Thanks, sometimes I do push myself too hard, I need to take things gently!

      Delete