Thursday, 6 November 2014

Shellac Nails and Chocolate Skeleton cookies

Yesterday (6th November) I decided to treat myself and get my first ever shellac nails. The colour was OPI Big Apple Red, although I like to think of it as Morticia red. I love the job  they did and am hoping they will last quite some time! It's nice not to have to worry about chipping! It's pretty relaxing getting your nails done and makes you feel very pampered. I'm not sure if the UV lamps they use to dry the nails can cause any long term damage so I will have to look into that before I make this a regular thing.


 

My boyfriend got me chocolate cookies that you paint the skeleton on. I decorated them today.


As you can probably tell, I also got a haircut yesterday! It feels good to have it all styled again!


Lapis pendant: hippie shop
Top: secondhand
Sequin skirt: secondhand

16 comments:

  1. You look fab! And those cookies look delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how long the shellack manicure lasts, I'm not completely convinced yet of the technology... But you look too cute and the gingerbread/chocolate cookies look delicious! What a lovely boyfriend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look wicked, and the cookies, delicious!!

    Um...did you dye your hair brown or has all the colour grown out already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Good question! It originally took two packets of brown to cover the blue in my hair, in two dye sessions. This made it go kind of black but it has been slowly fading back to brown. Hopefully it will stay that way and not go back the the weird grey-green colour I got after the first dye session!

      Delete
  4. Oh myyyy, I want the cookies ^^ If I got something like that, I would forget about dieting immediately :D I have to try this Shellac thing out - I have never had it done yet, but I'm pretty curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will let you guys know how it goes. I also have to look into whether the UV lamp thingies they use cause any UV danger before I get them too often.

      Delete
  5. Aaw, what a gorgeous outfit! I like your nails too. :) I would love to not have nails that chip and get broken. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look great. Perfect color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so beautiful. :) it is nice to be pampered every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your nails too. I have had shellac on my nails once and I loved it. Mine lasted a good two weeks, hope yours last longer. Your hair is adorable.
    Thank you for your well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute and that outfit looks amazing on you! Love the way it looks on your figure! I have tried shellac before but I was too hard on it and it chipped after a couple of days :( I paint my nails every 3-4 days now and rarely get chipping in between with regular polish, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look excellent! Cute cookies ;o)

    ReplyDelete