Thursday, 20 November 2014

Revlon Gel Envy Nailpolish and Top Coat

Today I got Revlon Gel Envy nailpolish and top coat. I had seen it advertised on TV and I want to see how it stands up compared to shellac/ gel nails.

It does not need a UV lamp which is a major plus to me as I am a little worried about the UV exposure.

I was bad and peeled the shellac off instead of removing it properly, please don't do this! It's some complex method apparently.

I washed my hands in warm water which is supposed to remove oils so nailpolish goes on better.

I put on the combined base coat and colour coat. It seems thicker and gluggier than normal nailpolish so I was very careful to do it as neatly as I could.

I left it for about half an hour to make sure it was dry before applying the top coat.

I was told by a lady at the chemist that I could add another coat in a week to make it last longer.

The nailpolish and top coat are about $16.95 each in my local chemist, I assume it is similar around Australia.

I used colour 450, High Roller. It is a purple but it is pretty dark and dull in appearance, so I am not that impressed with it. I also purchased 600 Queen of Hearts, and am considering removing this and replacing it with that as I think that colour would pop a lot more.

Pros: No UV lamps
Cheaper over time (gel nails approx $30 or more)
Can remove with normal nailpolish remover

Cons:
Don't get pampered like you would at a salon
If you aren't great at painting your nails it won't look as nice

I will keep you posted about how long they last.



As you can see, my messy job is not as satisfying as a salon manicure!

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this since I saw it on TV. I can't find it in stock anywhere I go, though. I don't want to order it because I hate waiting. Funny thing is, if I had ordered it when I first saw it, I would have it by now instead of driving all over looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a regular nail painting friend to paint nails with. Doing each others nails and conversation. And you both win by having nice nails for less money than salons.

    I use to have one, but sadly she moved away. My nails haven't been the same since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm forever painting my own nails and usually go for deep reds, black or purple. The best polish I've come across for chip resistance is 'Stay Perfect' by No7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting.... I'll be waiting for your review on the polish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that color is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I can't believe the cost of cosmetics in Australia! That polish is about 7 dollars here! I do love the colour though and think it was a good buy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a more reasonable price!

      Delete