Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy Nailpolish Update

 I wrote this about 2 days ago, which should give you an idea of the staying power. I have now replaced it with $2 nailpolish.

Well the Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy nailpolish definitely didn't last like gel nails. I did my first post about it on the 20th. I've already got the kind of chips I get with normal nailpolish that doesn't even have a sealing top coat. At $16 a bottle, saying I am disappointed is an understatement.

I actually ended up spending more on this nailpolish than I would have on a new set of shellac nails, too!

Sooo many chips :(




So in the end, the only Pro is no UV lamps. I would advise you to stick to cheaper nailpolish, as it has exactly the same results!

Not recommended unless you can get it a lot cheaper and really like the colours.

8 comments:

  1. Darn. I had high hopes. I want something that won't chip so soon but I hate going to the salon. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was hoping for a lot, too, but I guess it is really just normal nailpolish. I suppose I shouldn't have expected too much but saying gel in the title is a bit tricky, it was nothing like shellac!

      Delete
  2. Awwwwwwww man, that's mega disappointing :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really kind of hoped it would be like gel.

      Delete
  3. That is my conclusion too - no matter the cost, all nailpolishes lasts equally.
    The absolute worst thing you can do to get chips - get your hands wet, I mean, I dont know how many times a wash my hands per day... plus showers! :P *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Better to get cheap nailpolish when it's going to chip anyway!

      Delete