Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Recent Outfits: Black and Blue and Shellac Nails Update


Dress: HolyClothing.com
Black lace shrug/top: Secondhand 

The nailpolish on my right hand nail was peeling a bit so I peeled it off out of interest (and probably a bit of OCD). It's a very different texture to normal nailpolish, rubbery and soft instead of hard and flaky. 

It is lasting so much longer than normal nailpolish which is nice, although the few more chips I got and the peeling at the side thing was a bit annoying.



Sorry for the blurry pic. See the tiiiiiny chips? They would only bother an OC person like me, but they are sooo much better than they would be with normal nailpolish!

This nail: Black nailpolish with Night Cat Top Coat by mode. The pieces of tinsel or whatever you call them are huge and slightly holographic, a very impressive effect!


Tiny chip on left index finger too, now.

So my thoughts on Shellac Nails so far? I looooove them and I would do them constantly if I was not a little worried about the UV lamps. I can't find any research that is either here or there. I will have to keep looking. Let me know if you find anything definite. So far I have one decent article either way.

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping me updated on the shellak nals, seems like I might try that methods as well. It seems to work pretty good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black nail is so nice! *_____*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your hair cut. You look a bit like Louise Brooks. Classic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just got my first shellac manicure as well! it's just black but it's holding up super nicely. i do have to keep telling myself not to pick at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh can't wait to see it! Yes, gotta resist the urge to pick it or it'll end up damaged!

      Delete
  5. I have a shellac nails kit but I've never used it, you've convinced me to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see it if you try them! Does it come with a heat lamp?

      Delete
  6. That dress, the entire outfit, looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very much love that dress. I think I may have to pick something up from them for a "just for me" gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gifts for yourself are great! :)

      Delete
  8. I tend to avoid the UV lamps because I'm so fair, and paint my nails with dry drops at home. It's just not a risk I'm willing to take when the research is so poor. I just looove your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good! Can you let me know what brand you use?

      I saw an ad on TV for REvlon gel nails that I think you just paint on, looks good and safer!

      Delete
  9. The Shellac Nails look gorgeous! The chips you mentioned are the very reason why I never paint my nails...:/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dress, your nails seem to be holding up okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit and your nails look beautiful! Love the black one ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That Top Cat top coat is amazing, I love the holographic sparkles!

      Delete
  12. As one who has done shellac nails for the last two years, let me offer you some advice ... I could get a manicure to last for three weeks and I loved it because it helped my nails grow REALLY LONG. Which is REALLY DIFFICULT over here in the winter, it's so dry. So I'd get it taken off after three weeks and get a new coat put on right away. After two years, my nails are now crap. I've never had a problem growing long nails, and now they keep busting off really short and it hurts!

    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd probably save the shellac for special occasions only. I only hope they'll start growing again once they've had some time to breathe. I miss my long gunmetal grey nails! It's my one vanity. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm my nails are already pretty weak, but that's good advice, could make them even worse! Thanks!

      Delete