Tuesday, 4 November 2014

My Halloween


My Halloween was pretty uneventful in terms of party type things. I did have some invitations, but there were no trains back from the city the next day, and I was getting some more colour on my tattoo, which meant I wouldn't feel like partying anyway.

I got more of the flowers on my tattoo coloured. I won't lie, it has been damn painful, some bits randomly more so than others. I spent a good amount of the around 2-3 hours swearing under my breath for pain relief. I discovered that eating sugary lollies can also help, thanks to the guy who brought Starburst in with him for his tattoo and was nice enough to share. Gum is bad because I nearly choked on some during a really painful bit.


It's worth it for how amazing it is starting to look, though!

When I got home The Corpse Bride was on and I managed to catch most of it.

I also spent most of the train journey there and back listening to Tom Waits.

So that's about it! How was your Halloween?



 On Friday the very hungry caterpillar ate 8 Halloween candies!


 Cat chocolate got left out of the photo. Not amused.

I just found this picture of a Corpse Bride wedding cake! Would you have it at your wedding?

13 comments:

  1. I had those exact Halloween chocolate coins at my store! I must have eaten at least 4 packs of them... It's also what I gave the kids that were Trick or Treating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have a single trick or treater. We also had gummy bodyparts but they tasted gross, like real bodyparts.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe they're finally starting to put Halloween-appropriate movies on TV in Australia now. We've all got colds here, but still managed to have a bit of subdued Halloweenie fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the year I was in year 11 or 12 and The Crow was supposed to be on, but at the last moment they switched it for Thelma and Louise! Which is actually a pretty disturbing movie!

      Delete
  3. I like the caterpillar! We have that book here! I would love to see your tat, hopefully you can post some pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I won't post any pics until it heals though, tattoos look pretty bad during healing. I have another session coming up, hopefully the last for this tattoo!

      Delete
  4. I'd also love to see your tat, but I can understand that you would like to wait after healing or even completion...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a calm and nice Halloween actually. ^^ I'm not much for parties though. It'd be nice to see the progress on your tattoo! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! really? I shutter at the thought. My Halloween Month was the best! Now...I'm exhausted and shocked with " What Now?" Busy at work so I will be dazed till our next FUN event arrives! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I would definitely have the Corpse Bride cake at my wedding! ^^

    Besides the All Hallows' Eve celebration, my 'Halloween weekend' was pretty uneventful as well; In fact I didn't do anything halloweeney on the 31st...:/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the new colour in your tattoo! October is such a massively busy month for me. I am always so happy when November comes around, it feels as though I can relax!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter and I had a Halloween week, but on the actual day, we weren't together, so I went to the cinema. Twice. Once to watch Horns, and again for a special screening of Halloween (1978).

    Looking forward to seeing your tattoo. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see your tat ;o) My Halloween, was celebrated with me ;o) Quiet, but nice ;o)

    ReplyDelete