Saturday, 29 November 2014

Being Everything You Want To Be

 

I think everyone has felt it, the pressure to fit in. Whether to the idea of normal or to a subculture. The difficult part is ignoring all these pressures and letting yourself really be the person you want to be.

Change itself can be confusing, since I have been trying to live a simpler and more positive life I found many questions. Did I have to dress more hippie? Could I still obsess over clothes the way I do?

Am I still Goth when I love Goth things but wear colours a lot of the time?

Who cares what others think, I am what I want to be!

Every now and then you seem to have to realign. I don't know about you but I seem to have phases, I will spend a phase doing more Gothy things then go back to more nature-like, faery things.

At the moment getting inspiration outside is annoyingly hard as it is really hot and sweaty! And it's not even Summer yet!

This last year or so this blog has also changed, it has gone from mostly book reviews and fashion to more personal. It is so weird to realise that! I guess I am becoming more open about my life, now that I am trying to make changes. I am trying to inspire myself and hopefully inspire others, too.

I have always allowed myself to be different- I have always been a little odd, I think weird things, my brain is always working. I am used to being the odd one out. What I haven't always done is allowed myself to really embrace positivity and change. I want to be really open to a simpler life where I reach for nothing more than pure happiness.

I know that, despite my efforts, I do still lean a little towards the view of possessions making you happy and I am working on that. I am going to try and only get things that enrich me- holidays, oracle cards, books on magick, etc. and stop buying so many clothes! I do want to embrace a more forest elf/ faery style though, so I will have to start getting back to sewing again. Sewing is good anyway, as making something is very rewarding.

I don't want to define who or what I want to be because I don't want to limit myself. I want to experience all the good things there are to experience!

My faery altar currently, click on image to see it larger.


Last night I pulled 6 Goddess Guidance Oracle cards from the deck to get an idea of the things I need to work on. This is what I got:







White Tara reversed means I really need to work on avoiding "harsh relationships, environments, situations and chemicals."



I feel quite strongly drawn to these last two.

19 comments:

  1. That is very positive. Do what you need to do that makes you happy. Your faerie altar is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last two cards are so fitting of this post! :D
    Sometimes I really dislike that fashion has to be so categorised. If you like goth and faery like things then that's your style. You shouldn't have to label yourself as one thing! And then when you don't wear the one you label yourself as, people get all weird asking if you don't wear it anymore, it's so dumb! I feel like that with my love of lolita and cute punk and nerdy t-shirts. My style is my style and that's that! :P
    Keep being odd! Odd people are the best kind of people ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you are going through a metamorphosis or awakening right now. Have you seen any signs from from your spirit guides? Any Clues that are reoccurring? Birds, feathers, or butterflies to guide your way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butterflies seem to be the most common thing I see, I like to believe they are actually faeries. I talk to them, but I do also talk to pretty much all animals I see, so that's not so odd for me. :P

      Delete
  4. I agree, sometimes i don't feel goth enough to even call my blog "Lesthi's gothworld", mostly because I compare myself with all these superwelldressed gothic ladies who can manage to do fabulous makeup :'D which isn't something I'm into. But I'm trying to think that it's more than just makeup and expensive clothes that makes a person goth.

    I think it's wonderful that you embrace both the gothic and fairiestyle :D
    I also like that your blog is more personal now, you have so many interesting thoughts and i always agree with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog! Yes, I don't always feel like wearing makeup and stuff but it doesn't matter, it's better for your skin not to!

      Delete
  5. Loving your blog and how you are trying to work things out for yourself. I feel like I've worn a mask for most of my life trying to fit into what others expect me to be, it got very tiring. Problem is when you've worn a mask so long it can be hard to know the real you so you need to take little steps and discover what makes you happy. Sometimes I change with the seasons, love of pastels and cute in spring turns to a love of the dark and Gothic in Autumn.

    The fairy altar is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being yourself is at the same time the hardest thing to do and the best thing to happen to you. It is a journey rather than a point in your life as you and your environment constantly change. Right now, I'm not that happy with myself, but that will change again. At least I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's always a work in progress, but trying is better than not trying! Rebel against the media making you feel bad about yourself! :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post and I just love that deck! You don't have to fit yourself into any box or category, labels are so restricting. Be everything you are, everything you can be, and everything you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Labels suck ... do what makes you happy! A blog is your personal space to share, so whatever you need to get 'out there' is what's important, not what the blog is 'supposed' to be. That's why mine is such a mish-mash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with that poster: A savage is the one who destroys the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take everything one day at a time and always be you ;o)
    I love your altar ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete