Friday, 28 November 2014

Agnes Obel Concert


On the 27th of November I got to see Agnes Obel live in concert with my friend Bryce! This was amazing, I didn't expect her to come to Australia, as most of the European groups I love never do! We are so out of the way! She is one of my favourite musicians of all time so seeing her was a dream come true!

Her voice is amazing in person, it still has that haunting quality but it is loud and strong, unlike some musicians who seem weak in person. She has a powerful and beautiful energy that draws you in, she seems surrounded by a wonderful energy. Her music lifts you up and carries you away.

Agnes was charming in person, she was funny when she introduced songs, and seemed so humble and down to earth. She wore a loose white shirt and white pants that glowed under the spotlights and her long blonde hair was pulled back in a braid, except for a large lock which fell over her face. She looked rather elfin.

This was definitely one of the most amazing experiences I have had. I felt sad once it was over! Everyone in the audience clapped and cheered so hard, I hope she knew how much we love her!






Birdcages hanging from wires near the theatre.



OUTFIT:

The dress is Roxy by Holyclothing. It ended up being a bit too large because I went with my usual measurements on the size chart and bought a couple of sizes larger, but I guess this one is meant to have a tighter fit and is a different sort of cut than the one I am used to. It would cost me too much to post it back, but I kind of like the look anyway. If you order it, I would advise you staying nearer your normal size than I did. I love the chocolate brown colour, though, it is so much more chocolatey in real life than in their pictures!



 

Amazing ruffles!


Elf coat by EuphoricGarments on Etsy

Today's oracle card:

10 comments:

  1. Laura, I'm so glad one of your dreams came true! And you looked great...love your dress and coat.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. If her energy infused this post, then the woman is on fire. I feel you sparkling through the words.

    Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She did have an amazing energy!

      Delete
  3. I love the daily card posts. I have this deck the Goddess Huidance oracle - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the outfit, you looks almost peasant-y :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to some of her songs now while reading your post, she has a very pretty voice :D

    Love the elfcoat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like her! Her voice was amazing in person!

      And thanks!

      Delete