2. When I first read The Black Cat by Edgar Allan Poe I mistakenly thought it was a true story about a man who murdered his wife. After reading it I was hooked on Poe. I also loved the October People of Ray Bradbury's stories.
3. I have also always been influenced by the Victorian era and Gaslamp Fantasy.
4. My current favourite genre is closest to magical realism. I love dark stories about faeries. As a child I was addicted to fairytales, and know some pretty gruesome ones.
5. Despite this love of dark things, I am also EXTREMELY SUPERSTITIOUS. I believe in ghosts, monsters under the bed and bad luck. I will not say the name of The Scottish Play. The main real exception is that I don't mind Friday the 13th or black cats as I know they are ok for witchy people like me.
6. Because of being superstitious and believing in the paranormal, and because I have an extremely active imagination, this also means that stories I read or movies I see can scare me nearly to death. This means I don't actually watch a lot of scary movies or read nearly anything ghost themed. I also hate gore. I like things on the elegant Gothic side of horror. Things like Dracula, Interview With the Vampire, etc.
6. Despite thinking of myself as Gothic I no longer wear much black. I spent many years wearing all black, now I wear what colours I feel like at the time.
6. At some point as a child I once said to myself that I might be a changeling. The idea has always seemed like a possibility.
9. One year when we were kids, the supermarket gave away Halloween goodie bags for weeks leading up to Halloween. For a while, every Wednesday was Halloween for us.
10. I studied The Gothic Genre in high school and my mum thought it turned me Goth.
11. Halloween isn't big in Australia, I have never been to a proper Halloween party. For the last few years I missed out on my chances due to things like conflicting schedules. I don't know if I mind that much as I am not really a big party person.
12. I always wanted to be a member of The Addams Family.
13. I hid 666 in these facts. Mua ha ha!