Friday, 5 September 2014

Wombat Friday: Artwork Recreation



Midsummer Eve by Edward Robert Hughes and Gabriel's own interpretation.

Click on pictures for bigger images.

Gabriel has been wanting to recreate this picture, so since today was good weather we went out to find a nice grassy area with some tiny flowers to take this picture with some faery friends. 

The flowers didn't come out too well in the picture.

I sat Gabriel on a hanky to keep him dry as there was a bit of dew on the grass and the ground and moss were quite wet. 


I like the light better in this version.




Also, my friend shared these Inglot makeup palettes based on paintings

Do you like Gabriel's recreation? What do you think of the makeup palettes?

7 comments:

  1. I think this is adorable! Well done ;o)
    The makeup palettes are excellent! Right on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I am tempted to get one of those makeup palettes, I like all the green! Not sure if I just want it because of the artwork, though!

      Delete
  2. Wombat! I want to pinch those cheeks! Another word today I like! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable! He looks gorgeous ;) I love that ingot palette! The colours are spot on!

    ReplyDelete