Saturday, 30 August 2014

Week in Review


A friend shared a picture of this house on Facebook. I need it!

Monday 25th to Sunday 31st August

Watching 

Movies

The Hunger games (movie 1) for the first time. Awesome and I loved Woody Harrelson, the costumes and the beard of that guy!

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire- Argh! So many emotions! :(  And Jeffrey Smart! (He played Basquiat)

Captain America: The First Avenger - Love Agent Peggy Carter- the kickass, empowered female character.

Vampire Academy- Mainly watched it because Dmitri is sexy and Christian looks and sounds a bit like a young Jonathan Rhys Meyer (although the way JRM doesn't age, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a vampire)

Divergent- Interesting movie, and I like the bit about choosing factions, although I find it hard to identify with someone that acrobatic when I trip over my own feet and I mean that literally. I loved all the different faction costumes.

Iron Man 3- Tony Stark is an inspiration to me, I may go into this more some other time.

TV shows

Tattoo Titans season 1 (actually started on Sunday night)

s3 and 4 of Ink Master. Began season 1. Addicted to this series!

Finished Community s3

Rewatching Community Season 5- I love Troy and Abed and wish they were my room mates!

Reading

Hemlock Grove (novel), Brian McGreevey
Midnighters: Touching Darkness, Scott Westerfeld. (great YA series)

Writing

My novel! Don't get too excited, still a long time to go!   

 Random stuff

Got the bird new sand perch covers to trim his nails. He reacted with horror and deathstares.

Visiting free click to donate sites.  (The hungersite.org, care2.com, freekibble.com, freerice.com)

11 comments:

  1. You mean Peggy? In Captain America? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, her. Need to add the name to the post!

      Delete
    2. Aham, yes, she's such a cool character in the comic books too. ^^

      Delete
  2. That house! But I would probably just paint it all red. :P

    The book "Hemlock Groove" - I'm guessing that is the same as the series from Netflix? Is it any good? The first season of the series is awesome! I've started watching the 2nd one, but I'm not stuck yet.
    But that's always the case - the first movie/season is the best one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am crazy about blue and green at the moment though! It'd match my hair!

      The book is great, so much like the first series, not surprising I guess, since they took the writer on as a scriptwriter for the series. The 2nd did take a while to get what was going on but it got awesome- and ended way too soon! Also I adore Peter's cousin Destiny!

      Delete
  3. That is such an amazing house! And Catching Fire-ahhhhh completely mindblowing!

    Good luck with your novel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that house! My man and really like to watch Ink Master. I'm hoping they have better artists for this upcoming season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great series, there is some amazing art, but I feel sorry for the human canvases who get a really bad one! Especially when it's black and grey and too dark to get a coverup!

      Delete
  5. Busy girl! I love that house and I love Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Vampire Academy in a guilty pleasure kind of way! I thought it was a neat concept, riddled with plot holes though!

    ReplyDelete