Sunday, 3 August 2014

Week in Review: Beastly Movie Week Part 2 and a Faery Crafternoon


Monday 28th July- Sunday 3rd August

Read Lament by Maggie Stiefvater. Adored it.
Got some writing done
Started The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Read Alabaster Wolves graphic novel (Caitlin R Kiernan)
Faery Crafternoon at Emily's- pics upcoming

#Beastlymovieweek

Movies-

The Wolfman (2010) While the creature itself did not impress me that much, I enjoyed the melodramatic Victorian story of severed families, curses and madness. The Danny Elfman soundtrack was amazing.

Daybreakers A fascinating science-fiction film about a future where almost everyone is a vampire, and the human population nearly extinct. This means the vampire population is beginning to starve. But there is the possibility of a cure. I really liked the idea of this, although I felt it was a little rushed at the end.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter It may not be the best movie ever made, but how can your life be complete until you have seen a handsome young Lincoln wielding an axe, cutting off vampires heads? It's not historical, but it's fun. Epic, overblown fun, just like you'd expect. The Gothic Genre has a history of camp and melodrama after all.

Willard written and directed by the man who wrote some of the best/ creepiest X-files episodes.... It is a clever idea and Socrates is cute, but I found it kind of sad. Definitely worth a watch though.

If you like sentient rats/mice you might also like  Dario Argento's Phantom of the Opera

I still wanted to watch the new French Beauty and the Beast and No Such Thing but ran out of time. 

What movies would you watch for your own Beastly movie week?

4 comments:

  1. More awesome movies to check out! I am failing greatly on the movie front having been so wrapped up in True Blood! Beastly, but not a movie, though I suggest it as being awesome, addicting and sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get frustrated by how much it deviates from the books, though! Poor Tara!

      Delete
  2. I liked Daybreakers for it's rather unusual take on vampire movies and I also liked The Wolfman and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter; obviously, they're not oscar - worthy, but ntertaining. ^^

    I haven't seen Willard yet, but I've downloaded Beauty and the Beast, I just feel more like series right now. By the way, is the movie week some kind of a blogging event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually meant the new movie of Beauty and the Beast, I am not a huge fan of the series.

      No, Beastly movie week isn't a blogging event but I am kind of thinking of doing it again next year and turning it into a thing if there is enough interest. :)

      Delete