Thursday, 14 August 2014

Review: HolyClothing

 http://holyclothing.com/index.php/

I am a HolyClothing addict! I think I have at least 5 of their dress designs in a few different colours. However this post is in no way sponsored by HolyClothing, these are all my honest opinions.

Material

The materials are nice, I have one in cotton, the rest in a soft, natural feeling rayon.

Colours

The colours do not seem to match the pictures online exactly, but that is probably to be expected with the difference between monitor and reality. The blues (of the three blue items I got) seem much darker. The Jade green and Blue Divine have a kind of dark wash of colouring over the top that I like but cannot be seen in the pictures. The blue dresses are the only ones that seem a lot darker than the pictures. The purple one that I got seems to match exactly. The Burgundy one I got looks like the picture in real life but when photographing at night in my house it comes out nearly black, although a lot of things come out darker in my house as I have bad lighting for photography.

Fit and Length

I am very happy with the sizing. I wear a large in their sizing, and the sizes go from small to 7X, which means they cater to all body types, which is nice. It is often hard for bigger girls to find nice things, I sometimes find myself quite near the largest size of normal clothing which is crazy, and I don't know why they don't make things for bigger girls! 

Most of the dresses I got end above the ankle on the model in the pictures, which means they are just long enough for me. One of the dresses I got is about ankle/floor length on the model which means it drags on the floor when I wear it and I need to take it up. This is acceptable as I am short and often have to do things like this, and is probably a good thing as it means they will fit taller women.There is a sizing chart with measurements for each item so useful as fit does sometimes differ a little between items.

I have not had any disappointments, no sizing problems, or dresses not looking as good as the photos, which I have had with other, better known brands. The colour difference is a mild difference and does not bother me.

This online store is very popular, in demand colours tend to sell out SUPER FAST so sometimes if you don't get in quick enough, you can't get the colour you want. However, I understand the need for smaller companies to not make too many and end up making a loss.

All the dresses I have got are slightly loose fit or elasticised at the back and have no zippers which means I don't have to worry about cheap zippers breaking and the elasticised backs seem to make the fit very comfortable.

Price

The dresses I have got have been around $40-$50 in price, and even with conversion to the Australian dollar it's a great price. Most of the items on their page seem to range between about $30- $60. A lot of other clothing brands with the Hippie/ Goth type styles I like are over $100 for an item.

Postage

When getting things sent to Australia, tracking never seems to matter, as it only tracks until it leaves their country. The one thing that is great is free express/expedited postage for sales over $99, which means I don't have to wait the usual month or so to get my stuff! I got a package from them in about a week which is crazy compared to usual post time and even their slow $10 post reached me in under a month. Even $10 for a package is really cheap compared to what Australians usually pay for postage (often around $30). With Australian postage, at least, it arrives at the door by courier with signature, which means you don't have to worry about it being jammed in the letterbox or someone stealing it. The items are packaged in plastic inside the envelope so seem well protected. 


Service

You receive an email after buying which gives you an estimated postage date. I have not had any problems so I haven't had to email them.

I can wholly recommend this site!

A few of my HolyClothing outfits:





15 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been looking for a shop like this one! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty dresses! I love the green, short one - and I'm not even a dress-wearing-girl. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to this shop it is amazing! I love the pieces you have from them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I line from 'Emma' just popped in my head; "Lovely! Lovely, lovely, lovely" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine bought a dress from them for her son's wedding and she loved it. I think my favourite on you is the white one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, this shop is amazing and so are all your dresses! ^^
    I've always loved dresses like these, but they're ridiculously expensive in Hungary and I couldn't find any online shops with reasonable shipping fees and policies before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works out for you! Let me know if you get any :)

      Delete
  7. Hmmmm…. I've been looking for this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh let me know if you end up getting anything :)

      Delete