Tuesday, 29 July 2014

The Professor's Monthly Homework Assignment



In Australia we hardly have Winter, and Summer is just... bascially like sitting inside a sauna. There is nothing to be done but stay inside if you can. So I think I will just imagine a perfect summer day and evening instead.


THE PERFECT SUMMER DAY

I get up late, the sun is up, the sky is blue but there is a soft, fragrant breeze, and it's not all hot and sweaty. 





I go down to the kitchen for a cup of tea





Of course, all the animals want their breakfast!



 I feed them then let the dogs outside to play so I can eat some pancakes or croissants in peace.






I head to my writing studio at the end of the yard to write.





I come in for lunch, Jon and I end up having a picnic lunch on the lawn.




It will actually be food, but the puppy picture was the cutest. 

I take a nap under a tree.


Dusk falls, a purple sky, and warm air after the summer day. Perfect for an evening party!


Fairylights hang over the party. 









Maybe lanterns too




We have a lovely night. The animals love all the attention and eventually fall asleep and have to be carried to bed. 

Time for bed! The guest rooms are full. 







Goodnight all! I hope you had a lovely day!

20 comments:

  1. A positively perfect summer's day indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful pictures! I would love to have a garden and have a party in it, just like in your perfect summer day. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I probably spend too much time thinking about my future house, garden, pets, etc! :P

      Delete
  3. Seems like a perfect day. I actually get to work very early these hot days, so I can go home in time for the worst afternoon heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope it will come in the future, maybe not with so many guest rooms, ha ha! Oh heat, :(

      Delete
  4. Aaaw, it sound like the perfect day indeed! And those pictures are lovely, all of them. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt like I was reading a wonderful fairy tale. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I want my life to be a fairy tale! :)

      Delete
  6. Great post. AND you are so funny!!!!!! I know what you mean, although it's been a weird summer here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pictures. I am in love with that first bedroom! I just googled the weather in Australia. My my your midsummer is quite like our late spring. I don't know if I could handle the heat of your summers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that seems like a nice day :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice day! I love the little writing studio/house idea. I might have to consider a place other than a shared room with Ed, the library, or my eventual office in a school.

    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't think I could think of anything at first, but once I worked out what to do I had a lot of fun!

      Delete