Saturday, 26 July 2014

Faery Sewing: Torn Lace

I forgot to get any before pictures of this adapted dress. It was a fairly plain beige dress that I sewed lace, ribbon roses and a little cameo button onto. 


The sides of the lace bustle are pulled up by ribbons which can be undone.





The skirt lace is from an old rageddy skirt, the lace on the bodice was from an old dress. I sewed on all the decorations.


Sorry but for some reason Blogger refuses to show these the right way up, even if I rotate them. 

Neckline of dress:


Bow at waist. It was actually given to me by a cute little girl who liked my hair on the way to my first Cobweb club.

Necklace was a long ago gift from my boyfriend, the green jacket is my elf coat from Euphoric Garments


Purple hair on the purple carriage. I love how I match the carriage better and better as time goes on. For those who do not live in the Sydney/ Newcastle area, the purple carriage is special because it was randomly decorated in purple, unlike the rest of the train which is still the old, faded green. Even the toilets have purple metal walls!


With my lovely friend Fiona

14 comments:

  1. LOVE it, especially what you did with the skirt! (Now, if it only had some black on it, it would be perfect...) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out lovely, especially the neck / collar. ^^
    Most carriages in Belgium are purple as well, in Hungary, there are some purple - pink one with mirrors, but the rest is plain, ugly brown...not really vintage - ish, but quite depressing, if you ask me. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Hmm a pink one with mirrors! I am probably imagining that waaaay more Rococo looking than it really is!

      Delete
  3. très jolie robe , customiser avec beaucoup de talent
    merci de ton passage
    bon dimanche
    tendresse
    edith (iris)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! The fairies will be jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not too jealous, I hope! I don't want them knotting my hair and souring our milk and butter!

      Delete
  5. Lovely job, Laura! I like the ribbon ruching at the sides, especially. :)

    The woman behind you in the purple carriage looks quite pleased with herself for photobombing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Do you think she does? I thought she was giving me the beady eye, "teenagers and their selfies!" lol

      Delete
  6. Oh the skirt looks so gorgeous! The ribbons add such a unique touch and some colour to the lace. You look like a gorgeous faery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Mission achieved! :)))

      Delete
  7. You truly look like a fairy :D I can imagine the wings!

    ReplyDelete