Friday, 27 June 2014

Wombat Friday: Introducing Gabriel

I would like to introduce you to my new little friend, Gabriel, named, of course, after Dante Gabriel Rossetti, who loved exotic animals including his pet wombat.


 An explanation of Wombat Friday on Pre-Raphaelite Sisterhood



Look at that little face! He looks a bit cheeky and a little reminiscent of Oliver Reed in Dante's Inferno.
 

Sometimes he needs reading glasses.
 

He likes Steampunk too.
 

And sleeping.
 

Of course he loves Pre-Raphaelite art.
 

And The Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti, the sister of his namesake.

I am very excited to finally be able to participate in Wombat Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Now that is a fun fact! I had no idea that Dante Gabriel Rossetti was a wombat fancier!! Your wombat is so cute, especially in his little top hat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's actually my mini tophat but he stole it off me!

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a chic gentleman he is, he looks adorable with that top hat and those glasses! ^^ And I love your Lady of Shalott wallpaper too! ;)

    An old collegue of mine, who's is a...hmm, how to describe her? She's like a (not so - ) modern day Mary Poppins with a very victorian / pre - raphaelite vibe to her. And of couse, she loves all things victorian...Now, she adopted a wombat in the Budapest Zoo, so I guess, i should suggest her to take part in Wombat Friday sometime, she'd love it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Your friend sounds pretty awesome, like you! Does she blog too? I love the sound of her little wombat friend!

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a plush wombat, how original!! :-) For some fun reading, you might like "Witch and Wombat" by Carolyn Cushman. I bought my copy in 1994 when it was first published, and I still love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw he looks so adorable with those glasses. :)
    www.paintitrogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute ;o) I love this post ;o) Give Gabriel a hug for me ;o)

    ReplyDelete