Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Reblog: Two inspiring articles about Fae Fashion and Inspiration from Nature by Bien Aimee



http://bienaimeefashion.blogspot.ca/2014/05/fae-fashion.html

http://bienaimeefashion.blogspot.fi/2014/05/using-nature-as-inspiration.html

I really like the colour palettes. In David Ellwand's book, Fairie-ality he did this with colours from nature. His book is a huge inspiration to me, although I have not yet reached that stage of skill at making things! One day I would love to be able to make things like the dress shown above! All in good time!

7 comments:

  1. This dress is amazing!

    I'm planning to 'build' a Poison Ivy costume using leaves and vines and this dress is a great inspiration. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to go see Maleficent, Laura - some inspirational faery costuming ideas in that movie, for sure! I especially love Maleficent's wings ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you enjoyed my articles. : ) And I love your blog! I think you could definitely make that dress in good time. There are very similar constructions in a few of the McCall and Simplicity costume patterns. If I have time in the future I'll try to do up a tutorial on something similar. I look forward to reading more from you!!! X)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the nature as inspiration post

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much inspiration! HOW COULD YOU? I have an exam tomorrow, an now my head is packed with new, very non-academic ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete