Monday, 12 May 2014

Some Pictures of Lovely Things


Irises from my boyfriend, a while back



Pistachio macaron and beautiful plate.

Ruffle socks


Books from Ironfest: Celtic Inspirations by Lyn Webster and The Faerie Kingdom by Celia Haddon


From Ironfest: A modern illustrated retelling of Spenser's Faerie Queene

From Ironfest: A small book by my favourite fairy illustrator. I just hope I can find the rest!

Necklaces from Ironfest. Faery and froggie.

Beautiful flowers from Gnostic forest.

 With some dragons.



My first set of faery wings.


Faery wish bottles I made. Faery kisses, stardust and mermaid tears (pearls)


My faery wings and the dress I adapted. I cut the bottom of the dress in a zig zaggy way and hemmed it.



Button detail, it took me hours to sew all the buttons into the swirl pattern, I did it over several days.




The wish bottles I made.






A gorgeous giveaway package from the lovely Miss Misantropia brightened up my day!

14 comments:

  1. Laura, thank you so much for the sweet things you write to me. It warms my heart <3. All the pictures here shows such gorgeous little things. And you look enchanting in your fairy dress. I think I will borrow your idea to sew buttons onto dresses to get lovely patterns.
    In a forest outside stockholm there will be a fairy live action roleplaying game that i will attend. It begins in july and then it will be every month. So then I will get to dress up as a fairy again, I´m so excited. I wish you didn´t live so far away, then you could have participated too :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I am glad I inspired you! Love to see what you do!

      Delete
    2. I wish I could come to the fairy roleplaying game too!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures!

    I especially love the Ida Outhwaite print :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Ida Rentoul Outhwaite, I need to really get the rest of her books!

      Delete
  3. Those books look lovely, and you make a wonderful flower fairy. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad you think so! I love being a faery!

      Delete
  4. Aww, I'm in love with your fairy look! Too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, I am glad you love it!

      Delete
  5. Oh! You cut of your hair - suits you really good! ;) Must be nice now with summer and all. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is such a relief, so much cooler!

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a lovely parcel from Ms Misantropia! I love your fairy gown with the spiral buttons, too. That must have taken ages! Yes, lovely photos of lovely things. But my favourite is the wings and the matching macaroon. I think fairy wings and macaroons have a lot in common. Light. Sweet. Magical...

    ReplyDelete