Sunday, 23 March 2014

Autumn Tea Party

On Saturday the 22nd of April, some of my friends came over for a tea party to celebrate Autumn finally coming. It was still a hot day, though! I can't wait for real Autumn weather!


Skull teapot from Typo



Some of the food. There were two cakes too, but I didn't get a picture.


My little bird Isambard decided that my friend Kat was going to be his new bestie!


Me


Alexis and Kat


Desiree


Emily


Me and Desiree


My outfit: Cameo
Secondhand black lace trimmed blouse
Handmade ghost and tombstone skirt by me.
(I still haven't hemmed the bottom bit, I ran out of time, but I wanted to wear it to the party!)


I did crackle nails but they didn't turn out as dramatic as I would have liked. I think if I had used the red base coat that came with them it would have been more dramatic than over the blue I had on.

14 comments:

  1. Your celebratory tea party is such a sweet idea! I was home alone the other day and it was warm enough to have all the windows open, but there was that lovely autumn mellowness about the warmth. I just stood at an open window for a while enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to have a tea party, too! And yep, I also want deliciously funky nails... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea party looks like so much fun ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was fun!! And I just adore the black skull teapot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had a blast! I wish I had friends who would come over for a tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful skirt! I love the shape of it. You look gorgeous. I think the nails came out well, a trick if you want larger pieces of black, use one thick layer. A thin layer gives lots of small cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaw, looks like fun! ^^
    I've never been girly enough for tea parties, sleepovers or gossip gatherings, but looking at your pix, I feel like throwing one...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks brilliant.
    I LOVE your teapot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skirt looks fantastic! Sorry I couldn't make the party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't bother hemming the skirt, Laura. It looks wonderful just as it is! And you know the 'latest rage' is unfinished edges and fraying bits now. Save yourself the time and start on something new! ;)

    Looks like a fun tea party ... two cakes ... yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww a tea party with friends sounds so fun :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so vintage and gothic at the same time. Such a shame I live so far away, otherwise I could have come to your place to have tea.
    And how lovely that you think I wear dreamy clothes, thank you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you over for tea, too! It is a shame you live so far away, but where you live looks lovely!

      Delete