Tuesday, 18 February 2014

The Organ Grinder's Playlist Vol 3

What I listen to depends entirely on what kind of music I am in the mood for that day. Here is a playlist of songs I listened to in January.



Edith Piaf- La Vie En Rose



Edith Piaf- Je Ne Regrette Rien


 Tom Waits- Jockey Full of Bourbon

 Tom Waits- Dead and Lovely


Dreamchild- Your Eyes


Dreamchild- The Convergence of the Twain


Kate Bush- Wuthering Heights


Siouxsie and the Banshees- Cities In Dust


The Clash- London Calling


Fleetwood Mac- Rhiannon


The Cure- Just Like Heaven


Dead Can Dance- Persephone

 
Dreamchild- Down From the Air

  http://dreamchildmusic.com/

Dreamchild- Succubae

 http://dreamchildmusic.com/

Nine Inch Nails- The Perfect Drug

This Edward Gorey inspired music video is quite possibly the best music video ever. In my opinion, anyway.


Nick Cave & PJ Harvey- Henry Lee


The Parlour Trick- Half Sick of Shadows (video clip starring Rachel Brice)

Their music is haunting and supernatural!


The Parlour Trick- Planchette (better link on Bandcamp)

Elvin's Tales- Winds are Silent


Cocteau Twins- Song to the Siren


The Tea Party- Inaanna- Acoustic


The Tea Party- Psychopomp


Poets of the Fall- Carnival of Rust


Poets of the Fall- Cradled in Love


Poets of the Fall- The Beautiful Ones


Pretty Reckless- Make Me Wanna Die


Virgin Black- Requiem. Kyrie


Johnny Hollow- Alchemy


Jill Tracy- Evil Night Together


Cocteau Twins- Carolyn's Fingers


Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows- May I Kiss Your Wound


Moulettes- Devil of Mine


Moulettes- Unlock The Doors


Moulettes- Horses For Hearses

Rasputina- 1816, The Year Without a Summer


The Romanovs- Fever Pitch

The Romanovs- Olden Times

Jill Tracy- The Fine Art of Poisoning


Florence and The Machine- Howl


Florence and the Machine- Drumming Song


Lacrimosa- Sapphire


Anabantha- Eres Tu


London After Midnight- Spider and the Fly


Lacrimosa- Sapphire


Lestat The Musical- The Crimson Kiss


Loreena McKennit- The Old Ways


 
Loreena McKennit- The Bonny Swans


Claire Voyant- Love The Giver


 Do you like the embedded Youtube videos or do you prefer it just as a normal list or links? Let me know. :)

10 comments:

  1. Well all I can say is, you have perfect taste in music :)

    I prefer links on my own blog, I find the videos slow thinks down somewhat.

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thanks for the opinion on the videos/links.

      Delete
  2. I like your new hairstyle btw! It looks awesome on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to have a change!

      Delete
  3. I've been listening to the same songs ever since I can remember. Well, kind of... I add new songs (yes, my playlist is super long now) and I delete a few, too. Incidentally, there is a lot of Florence and The Machine in my iPod. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep on discovering such great old and new music that I love, partly thanks to suggestions from others, and even Youtube has helped out by giving me suggestions!

      Delete
  4. Please do more playlists. :D Great songs, especially Kate Bush, Siouxsie and Tom Waits. :)

    ReplyDelete