Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Outfit Update: December

 I know it's well past December, I'm a little behind on outfit posts. I am trying to keep a bit of a blog schedule but mix things around a bit to make it more interesting, hopefully I will have some more reviews, writing and things I have made soon.


Got told it was very Emily Bronte! So happy!




Jabot blouse: Second hand from someone on Facebook. I think it was Fan + Friend (a Lolita brand)
Waistocat: Discount fashion outlet. It has nice lace details which unfortunately do not show up in the picture.
Skirt: Belonged to my friend Yasmin, she shortened it for me too.
Boots: Discounted boots that I wear almost everywhere.


'Casual Victorian inspired outfit for hanging around the house reading and writing. The book is an old book of wonderful ghost stories. I will read it again soon, at the time the picture was taken I was enjoying Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber, Queen Victoria's Book of Spells and The Ouroborus Cycle book 1 by GD Falksen.'

Blouse: Swap with a friend, Hannah
Lace vest/ top: Secondhand
Black skirt: Secondhand

Venus's birthday:

Outfit inspired by/ based on Death from The Sandman in one of her dressier incarnations.



Top hat: Made by Yizzimindi
Top: Bought off someone on Facebook
Skirt: Secondhand, I sewed the patches of fancy fabric on to match a corset top I did the same with for Emilie Autumn last year.

Unmatching gloves, found secondhand. The fishnet one was an unused pair, but the lacy one was on it's own.



My makeup:


Inspired by Death from The Sandman. Note the swirl under the eye and the two ankh necklaces. Black no name liquid eyeliner on eyes and lips. Cheap but lovely coloured lipstick.

I also got this awesome new jacket in December. Can't wait 'til it gets a bit cooler so I can wear it!



I have long hair now. This hairdo was entirely done with my own hair.


Christmas:

Whyyyyy do black things have to be so hard to photograph! You can't see any of the ruffles or trim!


Cameo necklace: Bought long ago at cheap jewellery store
Dress: Bodyline
Socks: Sockdreams
Shoes: Everflex brand but unfortunately they chew my ankles.


New Years:


Vintage dress
Plaited loop hairstyle with plaited bun at back.

The following came out weirdly overexposed. I think it's the neon lighting in my house.


Jacket from a stall in Newtown. It's one of my favourites.


Boots from discount shoe store.

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love these outfits! The first one is just stunning and the last one is especially great, too. White/cream suits you really well and I love that you combined the fine lace with the heavy boots, it looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what can I say? I love the jacket. In fact, I may look at making a teeny one for a doll, with the ribbons and the fishtail back. It looks lovely over that red skirt. The hat and gloves are a real score and I agree with the Emily Bronte look. And oh, your hair is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the blue satin skirt you got from me? I wish I could see the details, you look lovely! I love that black tailed jacket, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely outfits and very different moods. I'm getting a distinct vibe from each set, almost like they're being modelled by separate people. The power of clothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be so happy if more people dressed like you where I live :'D always so elegant and classy, It's like your closet is a treasurebox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfits, all of them. They are always so pretty and Steampunk feeling

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfits and the hairdo, how victorian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely very lovely outfits!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete