Nominee Questions from Sary:
2. Talk us through your everyday hair routine. Are you a curler, straightener or hairstyle kind of person. Until the 12th of this month I had about 21cm of hair from scalp to end. It was very long, and I had to lift it out the way when I lay down because lying on it sometimes hurt, but tying it up hurt too. The back of my head hurt from the weight. I enjoyed doing elaborate plaited hairstyles with it like this and these ones. I used Agran oil to keep it strong and soft. Then I cut it all off and now I just comb it once after I wash it.
3. If you were any subset of Goth style, what would you be and why? Romantigoth or Victorian Goth, it's hard to decide, because the literature obviously influences both, and I don't think they are hugely dissimilar. I always used to refer to myself as Romantigoth since I was drawn to the dark romance. I came to Gothic through Victoriana and the Gothic genre and my renewed interest came through Steampunk. I am also inspired by faery and ethereal style.
4. Continue the above question, within that style, what would be your holy grail outfit? At the moment I want this dress from Hello Batty. I would also love all of Moi Meme Moite's blue stuff! Generally just awesome Victorian jackets and dresses.
5. Who is your top three favourite YouTubers? I mostly discover new music on YouTube rather than watch videos. I do love the Gothic Lolita style of Fille de Porcelaine and the amazing tutorials of Klaire de Lys, especially this! Do Maru and Simon's Cat count? Also musicians like Adrian von Zeigler.
6. If you were to try and sell your all-time favourite beauty product, in three sentences what would you say?
I don't really use beauty products, I love makeup looks that others have but I am terrible at it and have really sensitive skin. I guess my favourite product would have to be my Aveeno natural oatmeal moisturiser. I can't really think of what I would say except that I have sensitive skin and it works for me.
7. Can you name something that you enjoy eating, a meal or anything, that is actually vegan? I don't know, pretty sure even chips contain preservatives that might not be vegan.
8.Your job is to write the most Gothiest (I can't believe I just wrote that as a word) novel possible, what would you title it and what would the blurb say? OK, everytime I try to do this I seriously end up liking the idea and wanting to turn it into an actual story, so I give up! :P
9. Name one thing that you wanted all through your childhood that your parent(s)/guardian(s) would never have let you get, even if you don't want it now? A carousel of my own!
10. If you had to get one body modification of your choice (piercings, scarification, tongue splitting, implants, tattoos, etc) what would you get? Maybe that Dali elephant tattoo that I always wanted. I was trying to remember the other day why I never got it, although I do like the sleeve I ended up getting. Also I know it's kind of insanely fangirly, but I kind of want this as a tattoo:
More questions from the original tag
1. What is your favorite makeup brand and why?As I said before, I don't wear makeup much, I generally just like a bit of eye pencil or eyeliner.
2. What is one thing you never leave home without?My bag. Usually a book unless the book is accidentally in another bag. I hate travelling without a book to read!
3. What is your current fashion obsession?I will always love Victorian style, I am also influenced by a range of other styles including 1920s. I am currently inspired by 80s and 90s Goth, movies such as The Crow and The Craft, and Gothic Lolita fashion.
4. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?I want to visit America, Japan, Scotland, more of England...
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?If I counted right, not including the backup pair of ankle boots I won't wear 'til my current pair wear out, a pair that are pretty much worn out but I don't want to get rid of and a pair I want to sell, I have three pairs of mary janes, three pairs of ankle boots, one midcalf and two knee high. So seven that are in use.
6. Are you more of an artist or an athlete?An artist. I enjoy dancing to the right music, but I am not a sporty person. I am extremely clumsy and have no 'fast twitch' muscles whatsoever. I love to sew and write (you can read some of my writing on my blog, check out the 'writing' tab).
7. Would you rather take a plane or go for a long car ride?I would rather take a plane, it could take me to more places! You can't drive to any other countries from Australia, unless you had some magical Chitty Chitty Bang Bang amphibious car!
8. What is your biggest fear?That's a hard one. Getting some long drawn out wasting disease with no cure, I suppose.9. What is your favorite genre of music?I don't really know much about genres, I would say a lot of music I listen to is generally called Goth? I also love Victorian inspired, Celtic, Musicals and Opera. Here are some of the bands I like: Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Nox Arcana, Rasputina, Abney Park, Unwoman, Dead Can Dance, Tom Waits, Agnes Obel, Loreena McKennit, Mozart, Inkubus Sukkubus, The Cure, Gilbert and Sullivan, Edith Piaf, David Bowie, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stephen Sondheim, The Parlour Trick, Sopor Aeternus and the Symphony of Shadows, Switchblade Symphony...
10. What is your favorite holiday?Maybe Halloween, although it's not big in Australia, and I have never gone to a proper Halloween party. But there was this one year when I was a kid when the supermarket kept giving out Halloween masks and things in a little gift bag for weeks, and every week for maybe 3 weeks, we played at Halloween on a Wednesday in the evening.