Monday, 25 November 2013

Writing Update and winning NaNoWriMo!

 

I did it, I 'won' NaNoWriMo! 50 000 words!

There aren't any prizes as such, but there are some discounts, such as on the novel writing software Scrivener, which might be good to try. Plus there is the biggest prize of having written a large part of your novel!

It seems that there was a little glitch with the wordcount a couple of days ago, and I thought I had written more than I had, but I didn't dwell on it, and now I have made my word count. NaNoWriMo has been really inspiring for me, and I am determined to keep pushing on, and finish the first draft! Things are also slowing down a bit as I reach the end, trying to finish is always a little terrifying, but I am getting there, and I am happy with the quality of what I am writing! I am also really excited about upcoming changes and chapters I plan to add in. The novel may still change a lot before it is finally finished, but that is always a good thing! And winning Nano has given me a great confidence boost to keep going! Once you know you can do something, it's a lot easier to believe it!

20th November- 2216 words
22nd November- 613 words
23rd November- 1022 words
25th November-  5554 words
NaNoWriMo so far- 52359 words!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Doesn't matter what it is, or if there's a "prize", it always feels good to WIN at something! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty awesome, Laura! I struggle with writing a short blog post - I can't even begin to imagine writing that many words in a month! Congrats! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Laura! 50,000 words is such an incredible achievement! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete