Monday, 11 November 2013

Web Roundup

Inspiration

“Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb.”
Edna St. Vincent Millay


Media and Culture 
This is hilarious! Police vow crackdown on Jane Austen ‘coquette’ culture
Great to see others sharing my feelings about Sleepy Hollow

This is for America, it would be interesting to see some for other places, too

The Addams Family: The Most Well Adjusted Family on Television

A beautiful Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) event


Not Victorian, but still fascinating. I have a Victorian era funeral pall, as they were called, in black silk with fringe at the bottom similar to this one depicted here. The funeral pall was laid over the top of the coffin, hence the term pall bearers.


Outfits
  
These are wonderful outfits. I haven't been to a Steampunk event since Tea Duelling and Steamfest before that! It's not enough! I miss the people and I miss the outfits! I go into Victoriana withdrawal!

I love ethereal/ ghostly white outfits! Put the Edge Back Into White: Eerie Ice Goth Fashion


I want one! As long as it doesn't talk to ghosts in the night! Conceptual Ouija Board Rug And Coffee Table



I believe this image is by Ricardo Goulart
DIY

From Historical Sewing: When ripping a seam, cut the threads *between* the two pieces of fabric rather than ripping the stitches flat on one side. 1) It's easier because you can pull the fabric pieces apart, and 2) you're less likely to rip fibers in the fabric. 

Turn an old hand mirror into a beautiful new one!

These paper bag floors look amazingly beautiful, not at all what you would expect! I would love to put some Liquid Amber/ Maple leaves in too! 


Amazing nature

Beautiful black rose. Apparently, black roses exist only in nature at Halfeti, Turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment