- Link back to the person who tagged you.
- Tag 5 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Get them to tag more bloggers and keep this thing going.
5 things you need every day:
- Like the countess, I do love some tea! It can be a bit hot in Australian summers, though.
- My computer because I need it for writing and wasting time looking at pictures of ethereal maidens in white and black dresses and Victorian inspired decor.
- Books. Hardcopies, ebooks, graphic novels... I can't go without books! If I don't have a book on the train to occupy me, I need to either write or sleep!
- My partner Jon, who supports me. It is nice to have someone who actually gets real life and bills and stuff, and isn't up in the clouds all the time like I am. Plus, I love him so much!
- My friends, who inspire me, and give me joy!
5 books you would recommend:
- The Lives of the Monster Dogs by Kirsten Bakis. I haven't read this one in quite some time, but I have always listed it as my favourite book when asked. I can't remember how old I was when I first read it, but it was pretty influential.
- The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice. Likewise, hugely influential in my life. I remember I read this in year 8 though.
- The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare because her writing is both beautiful and devastating, and her characters are the most delightfully sarcastic ever. And I am a huuuuuuge sucker for sarcastic people! I just fall in love with them!
- Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles. If you are only going to read one Holmes book, I advise this, it has some great Gothic undertones, even if it is all solved in Holmesian fashion. The very different modern redo in the TV series Sherlock is great, too!
- A classic Gothic novel or novella such as Frankenstein, Carmilla, The Turn of the Screw... or all of the above.
- I know it was 5, but I have to say, read everything you can by Ray Bradbury. He is such an inspiration, but I haven't yet managed to get my hands on everything he has written. There was a complete collection for a short time, but it is nearly impossible to find now! Also Coraline, The Graveyard Book and The Sandman by Neil Gaiman!
5 materialistic wishes for Christmas presents:
- Something from Dellamorte & co If I get money for Christmas, I might buy myself something.
- Something from Bloodmilk (probably the crescent or Lily Dale series)
- A house of my own to decorate
- The complete Hellsing manga so far
- Another Victorian dress, perhaps. Or, you know, a million Victorian dresses and a house to put them in!
5 places you wish to visit:
- The Lake Country in Britain, also Wales
- New Orleans
- San Francisco
- Salem or Sleepy Hollow
- New York
- 1.Mad, mad, Mad as a hatter
- 2. Writer
- 3. Gothic
- 4. Neo-Victorian
- 5. Faery
- Don't let society kill your imagination
- Reality isn't that important
- Make the world more like your dreams in every way you can
- Always believe in magic
- Read more books!