Saturday, 5 October 2013

Recent Outfits

September


Shirt and velvet skirt secondhand.


I wore this to the Sydney Gothic picnic. This is the polonaise coat my friend Stacey made for me. The dress underneath is secondhand.


Restyle bat hairclip in blue attached to velvet ribbon and necklace from costume jewellery shop


My $50 Fifi parasol and secondhand top and dress


White shirt about $10 in eBay, crimson skirt bought off Bane of GIY


Pink dress with skulls and roses was a swap, black bolero secondhand. I wore this to see Stoker with my friend Kat.


This was Friday the 13th. We went to an alternative rock and metal club after we took the pictures in the graveyard. Crimson plastic boned corset top and black satin skirt secondhand. The corset wasn't done up properly here as I was trying out outfits. I ended up wearing my mesh fairy skirt instead.

Red satin slip and black lace dress secondhand, belt from eBay, choker made by me for my Bastille Day birthday party.

10 comments:

  1. Your closet must be packed full, Laura! Either that or you have such a gift for mixing items that I never seem to see the same thing twice! My favourites are the all-black outfit with the parasol and the white shirt/crimson skirt from Bane. :o)

    How did you like Stoker, BTW? You may have already written about it and I missed it ... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had time recently to review all the things I have read and watched, I really need to! Also my computer is unfortunately broken at the moment, I have to get it fixed, lucky my boyfriend has his own I can borrow!

      I do have a pretty packed closet, I am doing another clear out at the moment. I tend to get a lot of stuff super cheap second hand, which really helps with the closet building thing! I might take some pictures of my closet when I am done, not sure yet.

      Delete
  2. Wow, it's amazing that most of these things are secondhand or very cheap. I think my favourite outfit is the total black one :D but I love that crimson skirt too <3 and that pink dress is so cute! Also, that lace dress you're wearing in the last picture is stunning. I love red fabric with black lace, it's so elegant and gothic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many fabulous clothes :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy blog posts showcasing fabulous second hand or budget clothing, especially since so many people get blinded by big brand names easily and...ok, that's a totally different pasta...:P

    I love your outfits, even the simplest black dress looks so stylish on you...how do you do it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is so nice to hear that! I do tend to spend a lot of time changing outfits 'til I find the right thing. My style is an important part of expressing my personality, so I put a lot of effort in.

      Delete
  5. You must be a walking thrifty luck charm, because your finds are always absolutely amazing-- and I simply adore how well you compliment each article of clothing. You have such grand tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how Steampunk most of them look. I especially like the skirt at the top and the black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always look so classy! You would fit perfectly into a gothic/steampunk Jane Austen world :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! That is such a compliment!

      Delete