Saturday, 12 October 2013

A Lolita Picnic

On Sunday the 29th of September, I went to my first Lolita picnic with my friend Yasmin, the very talented owner of the shop Yizzimindi


 Yasmin made the mini top hat and the teacup earrings I am wearing. The parasol is also Yasmin's.

This is my first complete Lolita outfit, I was happy with it, although I think I could do a better one in future. I have more pieces coming that I ordered off Bodyline or bought in sales groups. Unfortunately, I did get sunburned, so I will be looking to make sure I wear more covering outfits in the future. Summer is unkind to the naturally pale.
















5 comments:

  1. What a lovely group of lolitas :D!
    I love the shoes you were wearing, are they from Bodyline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes they are, I completely forgot to mention it! :)

      Delete
  2. Your dress is really cute, I love the red combined with white lace and the striped stockings. I'm also experimenting with lolita, but I'm not really satisfied either...I feel like I'm not girly and cute enough for these outfits. Maybe addig some more details, frills and cute accessories like hairclips and some extra ribbons and bows here and there will help...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that supercute, like really Sweet lolita isn't for me, but slightly less pastelly and trimmed things like Gothic and classic are good for me! Take a look at all the different styles. There are some good wardrobe suggestions out there, check my web roundup- http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/web-roundup-and-what-is-lolita.html some of the blogs like Fyeah Lolita and Roli's Ramblings have some good outfit rundowns for the different styles, and there is a great rundown of all the main styles on Hello Lace: http://hellolace.net/

      Delete
    2. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm sipping my morning coffee and reading through these sites at the moment...:))

      Delete