Monday, 19 August 2013

The Lady of Shalott Short Film by WAG Studios


Alfred Lord Tennyson's The Lady of Shalott was one of my absolute favourite poems as a child, probably because of Anne of Green Gables, which I also loved, although it's hard to remember the reason now. I was excited to find that a short film had been made of the poem, also based on the artworks of one of my favourite artists, John William Waterhouse. Here it is. I love the costumes, and some of the haunting shots such as the lovers and the night funeral. The actress who plays the Lady of Shalott is perfect, I am so jealous of her hair!





 Follow this link to learn about the making of the costumes!

3 comments:

  1. My favourite painting come to life!

    Also, I did a screen shot of the doors in the parlour when Tennyson comes through. I think those just might be the doors for our new cottage! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. John William Waterhouse's work captivated me when I saw it in the Tate recently. It is my favourite work of art, bar none...!

    ReplyDelete