Sunday, 4 August 2013

Meeting Steampunk Author Richard Harland and a Photo on his Blog

It has been a very busy and wonderful four days, and I will get all the pictures up and write about it eventually! I seem to have a cold and am losing my voice now, which is fun. Over the last four days I met Steampunk author Richard Harland and many other inspiring people, and had a wonderful time at Australia's first big Steampunk festival, Steamfest!

To start with, here is a link to Australian Steampunk author Richard Harland's blog, which also features a picture of me with him during a recent school visit I was lucky enough to be able to attend last Thursday. This talented author was instrumental in my love of Steampunk. When I read his book Worldshaker in about September 2011, it opened up the whole world of Steampunk to me. Thanks also go to my boyfriend's mum who got me the first book after his school talk, and managed to organise for me to come into the school to see this one and finally get to thank Richard Harland for inspiring me!

You can visit his blog here: http://www.richardharland.net/


3 comments:

  1. I love your nifty parasol, Laura! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit!! I've never heard of this author, but I'm going to look him up. I am always on the lookout for good Steampunk authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how wonderful! Lovely outfit, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete