Monday, 8 July 2013

Style Inspiration from webcomics


There is definitely a Victorian flavour to the outfits in this but with some really nice modern alterations, perhaps a dash of Steampunk and Lolita. I know I saved a lot fo pictures but it was ages ago and I don't know where I put them. I think I have way too many pictures on my computer to ever find them! If you haven't read this, you really need to! I love the strange dark world they create and all the odd little critters in the pictures!


Russian fairytales were one of my favourite things as a kid (I am actually writing a few retellings at the moment, but given how many things I am writing and the moment who knows how long it will be 'til they are finished) so I guess it's no surprise that Russian fashion inspires me.


Interesting so far,my favourite part is definitely the London Monster's Club.

In case anyone is easily offended by such, I must advise you there are a couple of sex scenes so far.

The cape,  skirt, vest, and blouse. Look at all the ruffles!

 

'Heidi' braid ruffly blouse and fishnets.

Hemlock

Another one I am in the progress of reading, very mysterious and interesting so far!


Now that is a witches hat! Look at all the trim! I love it!


The following are pictures from the chapter pages, she hasn't really worn any of the clothes in the comic so far, but they are all gorgeous and I love and want them all!




I have ALWAYS wanted a Russian peasant dress! Still haven't got one!



3 comments:

  1. I have to memorize this post, style of Hemlock - both in terms of clothing of the character and drawing style - really caught my eye, and the two other webcomics look worth to look at, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting! thanks for sharing these links :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I've been looking for some new good webcomics. Thanks for posting these. The artwork- especially of hemlock- looks very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete