Stolen off Lesthi because I love doing these things!
I have a few pictures to put up but my image transfer lead has gone missing again, I think it slithers off and has adventures on its own!
1. When seeking inspiration, what method do you find works for you most often?
My crazy mind throws out a lot of ideas when I sleep. Most of them are nightmares, but some of them sow the seed of a story, although I have to work hard to make it into a proper story. Also things I see or read sometimes spark an idea.
2. If you could live the life of one person for a day, fictional or not, whom would it be?
That's hard. Maybe Lord Byron or Lestat? Or someone during the Batcave era.
3. If you became highly accomplished, what would you be most famous for?
Writing, one would hope.
4. If you could travel back in time, what would you change or witness?
I have read and seen too many books and movies where changing things makes everything worse. Think of The Butterfly Effect, of worse, Bradbury's A Sound Like Thunder.
5. What are 4 items you can't live without?
Jon and Isambard Steamparakeet, but they aren't really items.
A good book, warm clothes, lip balm, a computer to write on, because my handwriting is terrible. Teeeerrible. Sometimes I can barely read it.
Oh and peppermint tea. I know that's more than four.
6. What type of movie/book genre do you most watch/read?
Gothic, Period Drama and Steampunk.
7. If you could make one renovation to your current house, what would it be?
Turn it into a Queen Anne style house like this!
I also want a turret, but I love all the details on that house!
Here are some of the features of a Queen Anne House
8. Do you believe a day should be attempted to be tackled systematically, or on a whim?
It depends on what you are doing. For instance if you are working it's best to get up early and get it over and done with. It's also good to know where you are going and how to get there beforehand, I am always forgetting to write down directions to places and it is a pain. I guess if you are as disorganised as I, plan ahead. Some of the most fun and exciting things I have done I planned ahead, you don't have to be spontaneous to have magical adventures!
9. What is a quote about life you try to live by?
I saved some really good ones, but I can never find them when I get questions like this, they are buried among all my Victorian style images!
This is one I used as a motto in my late teens:
"It better fits my blood to be disdained of all than to fashion a carriage to rob love from any"
Don John, Much Ado About Nothing, by William Shakespeare.
I like this one, it's a much sweeter sounding version:
10. What is one beauty product you swear by?
Probably Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion (the one with oatmeal), it's good for sensitive dry skin and doesn't have an overpowering scent as some others do. Also Organix Morrocan Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner. If you do as it says and leave the conditioner in for about 5 minutes it makes your hair unbelievably soft! (I was not paid to endorse either of these. I wish people did pay me to! Sigh. :P )
11. What is your thought process when you deem something worthy of purchasing?
If it isn't something in an opshop that I have to decide about that day: Look at it, consider if it is within my price range, consider extending my price range higher. Save the picture, share it with my friends, ask for opinions. Think more. Buy it or don't buy it.