Monday, 22 July 2013

Bastille Day

On Bastille Day (July 14th) I finally had my very belated birthday high tea at Hatters Tea House in Ettalong. Most of my favourite people were able to make it there which was lovely!


Yasmin, Champo, Sherby, Stacey and I


Cassie, me, Fiona, and Kat. Fiona was french knitting (how French, ha ha!) but I didn't get a picture.


We also had one of these siphon coffee pots, made in the 1830s! This is how they work, it is really amazing! Once you light the little lamp, it makes itself!

"This method was invented by James Napier, a ship builder, who
combined maximum efficiency, craftsmanship and ingenuity to
perfect the process of the ultimate cup of coffee. This same design
was used to introduce coffee into tea houses in Britain in the 1830’s."





The scones tasted amazing!


Cupcake that looks like a rose on a rose plate!




Mint and chocolate macarons

Assorted chocolates, one is chilli, the pink one is strawberry and white chocolate


Cherry and white chocolate tarts and cinnamon shortbread hearts.



Mardo and his girlfriend Lorna

4 comments:

  1. What a delightful little tea house and the sweets look delicious! Well, it all looks delicious but especially the sweets! I've never seen a siphon coffee pot before - how cool is that. I love how they've wallpapered with comics.

    It looks like a lovely way to celebrate your birthday - and happy belated birthday greetings, BTW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much yummy things :'D <3 maybe I need to bake something.

    What a great birthday celebration. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH. Everything looks great, oh my god! You must have had a wonderful day, I'd love to spend my time in a place like this (although I couldn't eat anything as I'm a vegan but looking at pretty food is also nice :D )!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had high tea!! I really have to put that on my 'to do' list :)

    ReplyDelete