Friday, 7 June 2013

Blog Challenge

Thanks Lesthi for tagging me!

1. Thank the person who tagged you to this challenge and post a link to their blog.
2. Choose five blogs with less than 200 followers and pass the challenge on.
3. Wish them to pass the challenge onward.

This challenge goes forward to the following blogs and bloggers:

(some didn't have a number for how many followers so if I tagged someone with over 200, whoops!)

I tagged a couple of extra, sorry, I am such a rebel! :P

Clockwork Mice and Toy Spiders
Confessions of an Australian Goth
Craft for Misfits
Gothy Two Shoes
If I Only Were a Goth
Insomniac's Attic
Melinda Belle Harrison
Strange Tears

Pass this on if you feel like it ^.^

5 things you need everyday

1. My boyfriend, he is my rock.
2. I need to see my bird Isambard Steamparakeet. He's my baby and he makes my life so happy with his antics.
 3. To communicate with a friend, whether it's on blogger, facebook, whatever. My friends are all clever and intelligent and funny and they inspire me.
4. A cup of peppermint tea
5. A good book or movie or BBC Period Drama

5 books you would recommend

Lives of the Monster Dogs- Kirsten Bakis (my absolute favourite book ever! I wish everyone would read this and love it with me, it's part Gothic, part science fiction, part about humanity and the soul.)



The Invisible Road by Elizabeth Knox (Also published separately as Dreamhunter and Dreamquake)
Worldshaker by Richard Harland (the first modern Steampunk book I read a few years ago, it really gave me the kick I needed to immerse myself in Steampunk)
Dracula by Bram Stoker for a real gothic vampire classic
The Vampire Lestat- definitely the gateway drug of books into great Gothic genre for me, when I was about fourteen or so.

5 materialistic wishes for Christmas presents

A crimson taffetta Mina dress like in Bram Stoker's Dracula
Mina's pale green walking dress from Dracula
Any Victorian longsleeved jacket/ bodice and dress really.
While we are wishing for ridiculously expensive things, why not a Victorian mansion?
A field of bluebells like in Bright Star.


5 places you wish to visit

New Orleans
San Francisco
New York
Lake Country, England
Scotland

5 adjectives that describe you somehow

Spooky
Writer
Gothic
Steampunk
Contrary


5 things you'd say to people about life

It's funny, people are always sharing inspiring quotes, and I often think, how true, but right now, none come to mind. I guess I will just make some advice of my own up.

Life can be magical if you believe in magic. If you believe in the hidden beauty in everything. If you look for the bright parts of the day. Sometimes they are hard to find, but small moments add up to make our lives. It is those small moments of happiness, sometimes so simple we don't even remember them, that make our lives worth living. The look of a flower, a certain kind of soft sunlight, our silly pets making us laugh. A compliment from a stranger on a street. A book or movie that touches our soul. Friends. Grasp onto every last bit of happiness and never let it go!

2 comments:

  1. Great answers, I totally agree on the 5 adjectives that describe you! ^^

    ReplyDelete