Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Who was Jane Morris? A lecture at Columbia University, NYC from Kimberly Eve Musings of a Writer

This lecture sounds amazing and I wish I could have attended! I also wish I could own the book, but at about $140 the book is a distant dream! I love the idea of looking into the lives of women who history has relegated to merely lovers, and not people in their own right. Only very recently, I have become interested in Lady Caroline Lamb, and plan to try and find out more about her. When I can afford some books. While some seem to view her as crazy and hysterical lover of Byron, she was very intelligent. She wrote her own novels, and is said to have parodied Byron's works rather well! I think a lot more has been written about her than Jane Morris. 

http://www.kimberlyevemusings.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/who-was-jane-morris-lecture-at-columbia.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, You have a beautiful webpage here and I can't wait to read through your posts! Thank you so much for sharing my write-up and lecture notes from my blog. How kind of you. I will share this on my Facebook page, if you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comments! You are welcome to share it!

      Delete