Friday, 8 March 2013

Picnic at Hanging Rock with Darcy Soc

 Friday 8th March 2013

Today Darcy Soc, the University of Sydney Period Drama society had a picnic. It ended up being indoors in one of the castle looking buildings, as the skies were very grey. In the end, the day lightened up, but it was a nice room anyway and probably cooler in the shade. I forgot to take any pictures of the food, I am afraid, but it was lovely! Scones with jam and cream, various muffins and cupcakes! I even had an Earl Grey cupcake with pale green icing! Delicious!

Everyone is really nice, and it's always great to make friends with people you have interests in common with.

I didn't end up taking any pictures, I spent most of the time chatting to people, but I did get some nice photos taken of me. The dress was a lucky op shop find.





4 comments:

  1. A picnic inside sounds great :D

    I really like your dress! I wish I felt comfortable in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I'm laughing that you even got to consider having a picnic outside today - not even an option here! Sounds like it was fun though, and the Earl Grey cupcakes are making my mouth water. That's a gorgeous dress! You look lovely, Laura ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you totally look like you could be in the film! I think of that movie from time to time when I cannot sleep, so frustrating with it's non-conclusive ending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh.... Why do Yo have so many amazing events there in Australia? I wish we had ANYTHING like that in Poland... It's so unfair ;p
    You look stunning! I love this kind of dresses, and this one suits You sooooo well :)

    ReplyDelete